100 POINTS. EACH QUESTION IS WORTH UP TO 4 POINTS.
NEED 75 POINTS TO PASS.
1) In many public parks & grounds you may need a
to build a fire.
2) In areas where campfires are not allowed you may need to cook on
3) Name two fuels commonly used in camping stoves.
4) Never leave a lighted stove
5) Always keep a campfire under complete
6) Clean a campfire site down to
, then remove all burnable material away from it for a radius of
7) If you must prepare a new fire site remove a (how many)
foot square piece sod and place it in a
place with the grassy side up?
8) What are the three categories of materials needed for a proper
9) Break or saw fuel wood into pieces about
10) Name three types of fire lays.
11) What is a fuzz stick?
12) A butane lighter will give you a flame even in the wettest weather. Store it away from
13) Name three types of campfire 'cooking fireplaces'.
14) Name two ways to waterproof a match.
15) Name three ways of starting a fire with out matches.
16) What is the Cold Out test?
17) When putting out a fire sprinkle
on the embers, then
the embers with a stick.
18) When water is scarce, what two items can be worked into the coals to
extinguish the flames?
19) When using charcoal, you should light the briquettes how many minutes
before you need them?
20) List two fire fighting tools (not water).
21) Select the cooking slogan that campers use.
22) Never take tinder or fuel from a
23) Keep a supply of dry tinder in a
24) What should a fire site be examined for before leaving the site?
25) Complete the Outdoor Code.
As an American, I will do my best to be
in my outdoor manners, be
with fire, be
in the outdoors, and be conservation minded.
I also wish to take the Totin Chip Test.
Take me there!