Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Take down Lytle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: No Magic? Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
I'll go 1 on 1 with him...my magic included...he can have his own too. Though he won't live long enough to use it!!! HAHAHAHA

Lytle

How many spells can you cast in a day? Because this demon is aiming at releasing h-e-double hockysticks itself apon us. He isn't going to play fair, and Steve makes us play fair(boo! Kidding Steve). We need a plan, enough manpower to do such plan, and someone to ruin the plan by running out to the battle and shout "LEROY JENKINS."
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that demon is long gone. I think (but could be wrong) it was an attempt at a quest, which was decided upon the cougars to skip. I've also heard Steve say he pretty much gave up on it, and it wasn't a big deal. That was also, what, 6 months ago?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio wrote:
I'm pretty sure that demon is long gone. I think (but could be wrong) it was an attempt at a quest, which was decided upon the cougars to skip. I've also heard Steve say he pretty much gave up on it, and it wasn't a big deal. That was also, what, 6 months ago?

So the demon is already a year ahead of us, so we must prepare. We will kill three demons and put their heads on sticks for everyone to see, because that seemed to work before when we needed to get a creature mad at us so we can slay it. (I am just acting thick headed for the sake of comedy, hahahaha.)

What about that guy with the glowing red eyes? I am not sure if I like him yet. Also, seeing past experinces, I wouldn't put it past Steve to pull back the demon one day and smite us all. I think that he may just get the demon to summon the worst demon of them all (ruler of the 10th level of heck.) and take Lytle.
DavidH
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio wrote:
He was KIDDING, it was a joke Steve. Don't really destroy all the magic. HAhaha, man Dave's a funny guy. Destroy all the magic lol. Anyway, I'm sure he was kidding.

Right?

Just kidding, a little Wink It was actually fun when we lost all our magic (after the fact, the actual losing part really really really stunk Very Happy ) as we had something to go for again (especially my players at their limits). Rolly had gone backwards numorous times due to Vampires and whatnot cuz it was easy enough to get him back to where he was.

David
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....

Maybe all the magic should disappear again. It would bring down a few characters. And Brent is always looking for some kind of quest.
I shall have to think about this.

Of course, if the quest would not be successful.... I guess clerics would become quite powerful in the world.

Twisted Evil
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveB wrote:
Hmmmm.....

Maybe all the magic should disappear again. It would bring down a few characters. And Brent is always looking for some kind of quest.
I shall have to think about this.

Of course, if the quest would not be successful.... I guess clerics would become quite powerful in the world.

Twisted Evil

So Cleric's aren't using magic, just energy or something non magical. What if a Cleric spell's lightning spell were to hit a magic user's lightning spell? Would they be even, or would one of them be more stronger then the others? As far as we know also, there could be different types of magic, seen by alchemist that can change something's shape and substance, or a (can't remember name, uses nature.) that can talk to animals.

Would they be considered under the same magical laws, or would only one type of magic dissapear? How about Miko and Kiko, would their magic be different from ours? Could we possibly see a team up of Miko and Kiko to save magic in the world, by using their remaining magic before it runs out, or would Miko try to stop Kiko and vice versa from fixing the magic so they would both be finished off?

What point I am getting at, what if magic is not defined by magical things, but types of magic and how they are utilized. I think that would be cool if we would have to force all the wizards to relearn their magic in a different way.

One last point, is it possible to mix Clerical spells and Magic user's spells toghether. Like if I were to get a mage and a Cleric to cast Lightning on something, and I would want them to mix togther to make a super lighting bolt per see, would that work? If we were to see a Mage/Cleric, would they be able to mix the spells(not us players of course, but a NPC of Steve's that has gone beyond that and found out how to cast a healing magic missle. Bad example I know.)

(Time to show you guys this is Alex.) Magic is only good if it makes me hit stuff harder, faster and more sword-chuckery.

(Be ware the emotions, Steve has now utilized them against us! Run. Bwhahahahaahaha Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: No Magic Reply with quote

Should atleast give us a chance to save magic...here is your chance Steve...ANYWHERE AND ANYTHING...and we will go. Well, I shouldn't speak for these other guys, but I am there, front lines! Bring it on!!!

(I smell a quest brewing)

The one, the only

Lytle Boxer 9/9 Fighter/Thief
Brent O

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: you kiddin me? Reply with quote

This is a BAD idea to be blunt. This is bad, very bad. If the magic came back, and we got our same items back, ok sure. I think you should do something like the gods go away, so cleric's power is diminished (yes this is me the cleric saying this), well not "should" more 'consider'. Jake the whole anywhere and anything is with a REWARD! If we stopped this from happening, and got something, then I'd be enticed. I enjoy playing DnD, but not being able to play a la being kidnapped wasn't as much fun. I'm a bigger fan of chaos, war, like a massive army invading that over throws the King and we need to bring back control. But maybe thats just me, but this is a bad idea. You of all people jake, with your weapons...I cant believe you'd wanna do this. Yes I enjoy challanges (quests) but not losing magic, lol. Steve, if you want our magic back, then set the trap, you KNOW it would be easy to do, if you offer something of value we WILL go and you know that. Wouldn't it be more fun to see us lose it than just go 'poof' (Rico's world). If you offered us each something we'd want, I promise you no matter the danger, we'd at least attempt to do it. Lets see what you can come up with, I have plenty of ideas for ya if you need help! Laughing Anyway...sleep time.

Brent
Mike L

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: neh Reply with quote

Psh, it'll be interesting

I'll fight with a stick and still annihilate stuff. Wood stick with a nail in it vs. purple worm? oh it's on

The lack of potions would complecate things. Games would last a long time with normal healing. Clerics would be normal? Then it'd be fine, no magic? Then no potions, oh well. Lytle can't get 6 attacks per turn then with potions of speed. Ps, i still have 2.

And alex.....wow, all i need to say.

"what was that?"
"I attack"
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Attacking Reply with quote

Still have 5/2...no matter if I have magic or not! Smile

Oh and Mike...back stab is awesome, last game 1 round...like 132 damage...DEAD, haha.

Lytle Boxer 9/11 Fighter/Thief
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Attacking Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Still have 5/2...no matter if I have magic or not! Smile

Oh and Mike...back stab is awesome, last game 1 round...like 132 damage...DEAD, haha.

What if you got double backstab? Would you be facing them upfront or hitting them twice in the back like the coward you are(kidding, please don't shoot me with a fire ball which I will block with swords.).

Mike, I am scared. That was the first time I ever used my meat organ in my head. I think I rolled a 18+ intellegence and a -18+ wisdom. That would explain why I talk a lot about nothing, but with random signs of genuis here and there. I mean, it feels good to actually think things out for once. I should do this more often.

The only thing I am worried about is if Steve got rid of our swords.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Mike L

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: 100+?! Reply with quote

Yet again, wow.

But duclos, that's ridiculous. Dude, backstab is the way to go. I think they changed it in the 2nd revision too, i think it got more powerful, but the thaco went down or something.
132? That one shot? Or both combined? Cause correct me if i'm wrong, but i think backstab only works on one attack. After the initial hit, the surprise is obviously gone, no matter how fast. Granted, their AC would be next to nothing, almost an auto hit on the next one though.
And imagine a potion of speed with a potion of super-heroism...oh man, just faster than andy in an eating contest.

5/2? That's crazy man. Wait, I get 5 attacks every 2 turns too, but i can't hit for over 20 per hit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: