Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My DnD Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: My DnD Game Reply with quote

i kinda gave too much money and experience to Dakota and my friend. so they are really over powered, level 11 Paladins.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the bonus to stats at lvl 11 we got plus 1 to each and 4 in our choice so we have a 24/25 charisma which is a plus 7 mod. I still have to pick our feats and stuff like that. We worked hard for that exp. we killed a dragon and a few lvl 8 or 9 monsters.
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it was a young white dragon and i was pretty leant
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it is going to hurt you, when it comes time for you to play with other people you will be really far ahead then everyone else. espically when everyone else has level 2's and you are lvl 11's so i can't throw lvl 2 monsters cause you would waste them and i can't throw lvl 11's cause they would knock everyone out everytime
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what level did they start at? Are you saying they grew 9 levels during the game, wow.
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I have a rule in my world that a character can only raise a maximum of two levels per game.
The master of all!
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya they started at level 2. and i threw a level 3 solo monster and they murdered it. they i threw 5 level 5's at them and they didnt break a sweat. then i threw 2 level 8's and a level 9 and they didnt have too much trouble. then they killed a lvl 9 and a young white dragon (lvl 3 solo). and the quest they were on was to kill the assassin who assassinated the king so they got a sizable reward. probably too sizeable but hindsight is 20/20
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably the first rule you learn as a DM. Watch the XP and rewards, if you give too much then there's no "thirst" for it. Look at Steve's world. We never get any treasure (practically) but we still want to play all the time. Seems like you must've done something wrong if only two players could beat such high level monsters (most high level monsters have some special ability so look for those)...either that or 4th edition is even more different than I thought.

My first game wasn't quite as bad, but my friends went from 1-6 in one quest. So I forced them to start over again. They were upset for like one second then got over it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is we rolled amazingly. with above average stats and 19 in charisma. I also knew how to use a paladin. We would get a monster blooded and then use intimadate on it so it would run away and then we killed it. We also picked the Raven queen as our goddess so every time we killed a monster we got a free healing surge 1/4 of our total hit points. I would also start all of our aroows on fire for extra damage. I am a fire breathing dragonborne. The really good magic costs like 175,000 gold. So I still want more gold. I suggest only giving half exp. on gold in 4th edition Tim
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, im not used to splitting money between 2 people and i wasnt really sure about how to do treasure from random encounters. im starting to think that the treasure table is supposed to be for the entire game. so i kinda made up the random encounter treasure as i went. and then the king kinda gave them too much money, but they brought an evil dragon and killed an assassin soooo.
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus in 4th ed when you "miss", you just do half damage
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have that "you do half damage when you miss" thing wrong. I know that's with some special abilities but it can't be for every single attack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, im like 85% sure that unless you roll a 1 you still hit, you just do half damage. id look but dakota has the books. and dakota i was thinking that i would have you guys just be like lvl 6 but you could keep all your gold and armor. then when you play with level 2's its not really hard for me.
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody else, (probably Chris and Mike S.) find it funny how open D&D for these younger guys has become.

When we were in high school, we weren't ashamed of D&D and we didn't deny playing it, but we also never purposely brought it up to people who weren't "in the know"

Now there's all these people who have nothing to do with scouts playing the game. I say we use it as a recruitment tool Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, pretty much all my friends know i play and now dm (i was working on my map and other things in study hall and lunch) and ive got everything from them wanting to play, them not caring, and them getting mad about me and the people wanting to play talking about

And for Dakota, i am going to say that you are level 6. cause i think you get new feats and powers at 7. So im going to say that you have enough xp to be level 6, and you still have all the money i gave you.

and if you need more power sheets i got them here

http://www.dragonavenue.com/dnd/resources/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: