Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My DnD Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this sucks now I have to go back and switch all my stats and hit points and ect. back down. I guess I have no choice. But I am happy we get all the items and lvl 6. You did have to do something to keep it fair. I think I will buy a flying mount.

D&D has gotten a lot more popular and a lot of the old stereotypes are starting to die off. Shocked Very Happy
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to dragonavenue to get some more powers sheets and I found a random encounter generator on the bottom of the page. You may want to check it out Tim it looks useful.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was reading the books and I found some stuff out Tim. First players can only use one healing surge per encounter not encluding the Raven queen's blessing. Second If any attack misses it does nothing unless stated otherwise. (usually daily powers). Finally players can buy hippogriffs, griffin, several types of horses and more mounts I have not yet found in the monster manual. The price of each isn't listed so you may want to think about a price range. A lot changed to my paladin so I will give you any overveiw next game.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I knew that you guys had the damage even if you missed thing wrong.

In other news me and Chris played this board game called Frag last night. Our friend Drew bought it and it's like a first person shooter but a board game. Really fun actually. Ok that's all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a lot of fun, but I think Sergio liked it because he won. I don't think it was worth the 50 dollars Andrew paid for it though. But maybe that is cuz I have to work for my money haha.

And yeah I thought the damage everytime thing sounded a little crazy. I think you will find as you play more you will find more rules that will make it harder for the players. Also I have found that for some reason the times I've DMed the players succeed easily against a really tough opponent but seem to struggle against week ones.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did win which is important. Anyway, I'd say that a big reason why sometimes the reason really tough opponents are beaten easily is because the DM hasn't prepared. Most of those guys have spells and abilities that if you don't know about weaken them.

Take a lich for example. They're basically a high level undead mage. But if you haven't taken the time before the game to roll their spells/level, or put minions in the way so he'll have time to cast, etc. all the party has to do is run up and hit him till he dies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but they almost died fighting wild dogs. Haha, but I understand the not being prepared with all the stuff. I've switched monsters or avoided certain ones, cuz I didn't have time for all the special abilities.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players don't want to waste really powerful spells on a pack of wolves becouse they know the may need it later on. But when they face a high lvl monster they give it all they've got. Like when we faced the white Dragon in Tim's world we both used our daily and encounter powers right away. I think that also plays an important role.

A fun first person shooter board game. I didn't know it was possible. I may have to see what this Frag is all about.
Tim B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota, Just a reminder that you might not see before tomorrow. I would like to borrow your monster manual and I dont know if you got a chance to look at the experience like i was talking to you about
Dakota M

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can find on experience is the easiest way to divide the amount of experience by the number of players. It says nothing about each player getting all the experience from a solo monsters or divideing experience by the amount of damage each person deals. I found it in the DM book under after combat. I will bring the monster manual to school tomorrow. I also have an idea for a quest I will tell you at school.
Tim B

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense because all the experience is multiples of 5, (100, 200, 500, 750, etc.). And i am going to need to know what powers you picked and how stats changed so i can do it on Bretts character sheet.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for experience, I divide it by how much damage they do to each monster, I'm not sure if that is what the book says in second edition. But that is how I decided to do it.
Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are supposed to (in the editions I've played) split experience up by damage done.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense I was just curious because there was nothing about it in the book.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give you the players handbook on Monday that way you can change it on Bretts. I don't know what feats he wants or what his stat score is. If you want I can do it next time you have a game. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: