Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 classing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should I 2 class
yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Tim B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a tad confused as to wut im doing in this arrangement, so im paying someone money once i have more money but until then what?
Dakota M

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are paying me 5 thousand gold once you have over 13 thousand that way you don't have to go into debt to buy every little thing. I will give you the ring now and you can use it come our next game even if you still have not paided for it. Sergio can pay you 1 thousand gold now to use it when you are not playing. So you should have 6,700 gold in your bank (the 5,700 you have now plus the 1,000 Sergio paided you) and 5 thousand debt to be paided when you get 13 thousand gold. That clear everything up and sound fair enough.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reson I am not just giving it to Tim is becouse I need to give Jonah, Avery, Zack and Lucas something as well becouse they where in on the game as well. So Tim pays 5 thousand gold that is 1 thousand for all of us who found it. Just wanted to clear that up.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota about the dual class. The extra hits a turn is at level 7 you have 1-2 and then you don't get more until you reach level 13 it would become 2 hits each turn. All level 9 gets you is a lower to hit table more hit points and the ability to attract followers. So I think it could be a good idea to switch at some point. Level 9 might be worth reaching but you will never reach 13 and being a Magic User could help you a lot. Once you got to the level equal to your fighters and were able to use fighter weapons again. And if you plan to become a Magic User I would just keep the ring for now and let whoever can use the ring use it until you can start using it. Keep it as a group ring.
Tim B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so when i eventually get to that kind of level, when and what should be my 2nd class
Mike L

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Thief, if you can, is best to dual class in IMO.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim it depends, if you are human you need at least a 15 in the primary attribute in the class you started in which is a wizard, and you need at least a 17 in the primary attribute of the class you want to switch to. So if you had a 17 Dexterity you could switch to a thief or 17 strength you could switch and become a fighter. So it all depends on what you rolled.
Mike L

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.
Thief is by far the most useful, no matter the attributes. When in dungeons, what's more useful? A thief to open the door once the knock spell fails or another meat shield? Since non-weapons proficiencies don't exist in AD&D 1st edition, thief abilities are a close second.

In Tenne, thieves/rangers/paladins are very rare and thus, important.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say the others were better than the thief. If you are human you can only switch to a class that has a main attribute that is 17 or higher. So unless Tim would have a 17 or higher dexterity he would not be able to switch to a thief. It is required to have a 17 or higher to switch. Humans can dual class which follows those rules. Whereas other races multi-class and do not need the high attributes to have multiple classes.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tim would dual class he wouldn't be able to use any spells untill he surpased his mage level. In my opionion any class can be good or bad depending on how you use it. Like if a door is locked we use Spirtual Hammer to break the door. And once a character gets to a high level I don't care what class it is it is powerful and useful. As for the meat sheild only fighters and Sub classes (ranger,paladin) get the 2-3 attacks as well as the lower hit table and higher hit points so in battles they rock. As for the Thief besides the backstabe ability they are almost as bad as mages in melee combat. All classes have weakness you just have to learn to use your strenghts to cover your weakness.

I like Chris's idea of sharing the ring that way if I do become a mage I can still use it. So Tim gets the ring anytime he is playing (for now if I do dual class it won't be untill I hit level 9) Sergio can use it whenever Tim is not useing it for free. Anyone who losses it will pay full price for the ring which will be divided up come that time. (hopefull that won't happen) Tim and Sergio I bet you like that idea better

I still want to be a monk. Very weak starting but possible the most powerful at higher levels.
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at Chris K. outsmarting Mike L., the senior D&D player. So really Tim, if you decide to switch classes it's only whatever your stats allow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unaware that he was human, and no books in front of me. That's off memory.

Chris is right, if you don't have an excellent stat in your dual class 17+, it's not even worth dual-classing. Figured that's why he wanted to. Find your niche instead.

Usually you don't want to break doors. It's quieter. Making unnecessary noise creates unnecessary battles that amount to small gold and experience and wasted time. Maximizing experience such as with Giant Hunting or finding the treasure room in dungeons is more efficient. Steve can't stay up until 4:00 AM often. Well maybe...

Oh man, thieves are by far the most powerful. They hit about the same as clerics, have an epic ability and are actually useful in dungeons. Find traps before entering rooms to prevent a deathtrap? That's $15,000 saved. They can read languages and scrolls. (Sergio, fact check?)

And monks are only good at level, sergio quote me, 11? Before then they would never last. No armor? 1-3 damage? Plus it's never happened in Tenne before.
Enrico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike, i'm referring to one of the earlier posts you made, but you don't gold doesn't count as experience anymore??

"I'm not in there am I"
"No, you're at the bar."
"cool, I get drunk - roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk"
(dice rolls) "yeah, you are."
Mike L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, but not between games.
And at the end of the game you can't have a member get 1000 more gold and exp. It's divided equally no matter what for exp. The gold may change hands though.

Where is the mountain dew?
Tim B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for me being dual classing unless i can get my dex from 9 to 17, i think that it will be fighter eventually (15 to 17). But that wont be for a long time so i can get the really cool spells
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: