Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 classing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should I 2 class
yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Dakota M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: 2 classing Reply with quote

I was thinking of 2 classing into a level 7 fighter/mage. With 18 strenght and 18 intellegence I could do it. With my strenght bonus and hit points I could do my share of melee combat and if I used darts I could get 3 attacks a turn and fight longe range at 1-3 for S/M and 1-2 for L creatures plus 2 damage each.(so a min of 9 if I hit each time). What do you think Tim is it a good idea? Sergio your opinion is important.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember you wouldn't be able to wear armor unless you find something magical, and as you seem to know you could only use magic user weapons until the levels are equal. Lastly, once you change you can never go back to leveling as a fighter so I wouldn't recommend it until you hit level 9 fighter, that way you've got the 2/3 attacks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get 2/3 attacks at 7 level fighter ( which I am) and it would take about 2 years to get to level 9 by that time I could be a level 5 mage. But I will keep that in mind. I will have to talk it over with the rest of the group.
Michael S

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, you get 1/2 attacks at level 7
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you mike, that's exactly what I was going to say. Really, I'd say the whole switching class thing isn't worth it unless an opportunity arises. Me, I had to do it cause I maxed out. Lucky was in a tight corner so did it. (And he'll admit it was a handicap at first.)

I looked it up, if I had all my experience just towards my original class, cleric, I could be level 10 right now, on my way towards 11. Have you ever looked at the spells you get to cast as a 9 or 11 cleric. Outragious stuff. Heal, raise dead, word of recall are just some highlights.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Flame strike one of the most offensive cleric spell. Sergio I have a ring you might be interested in. It is called Ring Book or something like that. You write 2 mage spells in the book and when you put the ring on you can cast any one of the 2 spells once per day.I think their is something about the spell being cast instantly and not counting towards you limit of spells cast a day (a free spell cast a day). You would have to ask Steve about the details. The book doesn't have to be on you it can be kept anywhere and still work. I would be willing to trade the ring plus a few thousand gold for your regeneration ring or if you want to trade something else just say so(maybe your magic bastard sword ect.) I am up for options. If you don't want it I will sell it to Tim.

Fine I won't 2 class.
Tim B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot 3 magic missile per day
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dakota, although that ring sounds nice, the best magic item I own is my ring of regeneration. There's nothing magic I'd personally trade for it, but I'd probably buy it for 6,000 gold.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim I will sell it to you for 5,500 gold if you want it let me know in 2 days otherwise its all yours Sergio for 6,000 gold. I would benfit more if Tim had it so he gets a lower price. If the ring details are not what I said it was and you are not happy with it I will give your money back. I am having trouble remembering all the details.

I have got to get some decent magic. The ony magic I have is a +1 dagger a +2 long sword and a +1 dragon sheild.
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my current gold is 5700 gold and a ring like that would wipe my funds all most completly. so i would say that sergio can buy it cause i dont want to completely deplete my gold source incase i die so i can buy a rez or atleast go a little in debt for a rez Very Happy
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no, Tim you can have it. You guys need some cool magic far more than I do. How about this, let Tim buy it for whatever price you want. I'll pay you 1,000 gold for use of this ring when I'm playing without Tim.

If in the event I loose the ring, I'll pay full price for it. How's that sound?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo.
That sounds like a challenge.
The master of all!
Dakota M

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good to me Tim I will loan you money to by it or if you die I will loan you money for that too. I bet the guild would also. Tim you pay me 5 thousand when you get over 13 thousand gold (so you have about 8 thousand left for rezs ect.) and Sergio can pay Tim 1 thousand to use the ring. That way it only cost you 4 thousand. I will mark it down that Tim owns it now and mark the debt. Sound good.
Mike L

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just share?
Getting gold doesn't equal experience now.

And Lucky, you can wear a ring on each finger you know.

I'd get raise dead first. That alone saves thousands of gold. And definitely worth it.

Urza
Holy Warrior of Paladin
Mayor of Pleasantville
Dakota M

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a mage so it is kind of useless. The ring only works on wizard spells you can preform. The nice thing is it dosn't count agaisnt your daily spell limit. So instead of getting just 1 second level spell Tim would get that 1 plus the one he wrote down. Quite nice for the high level spells like Summon elemental or knock which is used all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: