Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cloudy With A Chance Of Frostwolves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Cloudy With A Chance Of Frostwolves Reply with quote

I had just began to enjoy my evening in Givemea when I began to think of the only thing that would make this night even better, free food. Thankfully before my stomach began to growl too much I saw a friend of Zomb’s headed towards the Guild Hall. With the thoughts of free foods and an adventure in mind, I followed Jason to the Hall.

I arrived and as I thought there was a good amount of free food, and part way through the meal there was a messenger for Zomb. A man named Markt brought the message of a man named Johan from Snowwake in the mountains north of Givemea. The messenger said that if we killed the yeti attacking the village, we would be rewarded with a map that lead to a dragon lair. Seeing that the messenger was a young fighter in training, Zomb gave Markt some armor and a horse and told him to lead us there.

Luckily, Ligre was arriving back from a trip to Pleasantville and when told the plan, decided to join us. Markt told us that we would need to travel west around the lake, and would spend the night in Editon before heading off road to the north. While in Editon, Zomb had asked me to make him invisible before going to bed which had caused some confusion in the morning.

On our first night in the woods, we were attacked by a pack of 9 wolves. I had turned myself invisible before going to bed, and Zomb was still invisible. So while the wolves pounced on my party and our horses, I stood quietly invisible, hoping that the wolf next to me wouldn’t see me. Unfortunatly he could smell and hear me and after a few trys figured out where I was.

I stabbed it a few times with my magical dagger before Ligre’s sword grabbed the wolf’s attention. No one in the group came close to death but Jason’s horse came close to not being able to walk again. In the morning we moved on to the village, and it began snowing. As we got higher into the mountains, it began to get colder. And also as time went on the blizzard became thicker and thicker.

So a few curse words and a lot of frostbite later, we arrive at the village of Snowwake and the blizzard is almost at full force. As we get to the front gate we see that a section of the wall is partly destroyed, obviously from a Yeti attack. Markt lead us through the small, circular village to Johan’s 2 room house.

By time we arrived at the house the blizzard was so thick we could only see about 10 feet in front of us. Once inside we all discussed what had happened and what they needed us to do.

“Greetings Adventurers, and welcome to Snowake. My name is Johan, and you are wondering what is required of you. Our village has a Yeti problem. They attack in groups of anywhere from two to six, and always during a blizzard.”

“What a coincidence, a blizzard as soon as we arrive.” I whispered to Ligre and Zomb in a sarcastic, yet comical tone.

“Have you killed any of these Yeti?” Zomb asked

“We have killed 2 but in the last attack we lost 4 of our best warriors.”

“Ok, well, how about we take up positions on the wall?” Ligre asked.

“And what? Freeze to death before the Yetis come?”

“I hate to agree with the strange Magic User, but he’s right. There isn’t much you 4 or even we can do until the Yeti actually attack. Until we hear the yells of the Yeti and our wall gaurds, we might as well settle down and eat this lamb my wife has prepared.”

So, as we settled in the warm home away from the blizzard and ate our lamb we were joined by another of Johan’s friends, Robertc I think his name was, and we were halfway through when we heard screams. We were already in our battle gear and rushed out of the house in the direction of the screams. As we ran, 2 Yetis came at us.

The Yetis attacked Johan and Robertc. Zomb, Ligre, and Jason all charged at the Yetis while I prepared to throw a bolt of magic at one. Unfortunatly the Yeti I threw my missile and it hit one that had just been slain by Zomb. After that we head toward the sound of another Yeti battle. As we arrived at the second Yeti battle we saw 2 yetis, and a Yeti swing at a village guard and almost take his head off.

Ligre was the first one on the scene and took both Yetis until we got there. He was unlucky enough to get caught in a Yeti hug by one. By time we arrived the Yeti had done serious damage to Ligre, and when he let go Ligre killed the Yeti in 2 or 3 hits and Zomb also killed one in 2 to 3 hits.

We didn’t hear the next Yeti battle but Johan and Robertc could so we followed them. Then after make quick work of them we stood in the town center to see if there would be any more Yetis. After about 10 minutes we regrouped back at Johan’s house to figure out what happened and what were gonna do next.

“Well, first of all. WOW! You guys took down a couple of Yeti in 2 hits. Secondly, we lost some men, including Markt. Also, the blizzard has left the village under snow, so it will be some time until you will be able to leave Snowwake. Also, after we carve a path we will have a feast in your honor at the Elders building.”

“Can we get our dragon lair map?” I inquired.

“What, you thought we were going to give it to you?” Johan said

“Well, that’s what Markt implied would be our reward.”

“Well, I’m sorry about the confusion but we aren’t going to just give this map, but we will gladly go with you to the lair.”

After having a small adventurer meeting, we decided that they are ok fighters and dragon lairs have good loot so we agreed to the conditions.
Then, 23 days later the snow had gone done far enough that we could head to the dragon lair. Johan said that it appeared that it would take about a day and a half to get to the lair. The first day was very cold but uneventful. Then mid way into the second day we came to a bend which lead to a clearing. And in this clearing was a ravine that went as far as we could see and in the middle of the ravine was a bridge that extended across the ravine.

“Well. We are not taking that bridge.” I said.

“Ya, the only possible option I see is to have you all climb in the Portable Hole and I’ll fly across on the broom and let you guys out on the otherside.” Zomb said.

Now, The part you have been waiting for.

So we all climbed in the Hole and Zomb flew us across and as he was pulling out the hole to let us out he saw 6 Frost Wolves coming toward him. He threw down the hole and Ligre, being 6 foot 9 inches was able to grab the top and pull himself out to go help Zomb. Meanwhile, Zomb took 3 of the Frost Wolves’ special breath attacks, but was able to get 2 of 3 saving throws and take ½ damage.

Ligre was able to get out of the hole and took 2 Frost Wolves who used their special frost breath attacks and Ligre was able to get 1 of 2 saving throws. I then started to boost Jason out of the hole. And as soon as she stuck her head out of the hole, she was hit right in the face with a frost breath attack. While she was able to keep her grip on the hole I dropped her and left her clinging on the edge. Miraculously, the wolf in her face missed every time. About the time she got out Zomb went unconscious. I then started to boost Johan out of the hole and told him to try to save Zomb before he died. Unfortunatly, he wasn’t fast enough and Zomb bleed to death. Then Johan charged into battle with the Frost Wolf that had knocked Jason out. Then Robertc got out and helped Johan kill the last wolf.

So for a battle recap, Zomb killed two Frostwolves before dieing, Ligre killed two before going unconscious, Jason paralyzed one and damaged the last one before going unconscious. Then Johan and Robertc finished off the paralyzed one and the damaged one. I bandaged Ligre and poured a health potion down his throat and did the same to Jason.

We dragged Zomb into the Portable Hole, and the rest of us climbed in and Ligre flew us back across the ravine. We had traveled a day and it was in the last morning when we came across some Yeti tracks.

“Ok, we did not climb all the way into the mountains, almost all die, and have Zomb die for nothing! We are following these tracks to the Yeti den to find something!” Ligre told the group.

“We don’t want to fight more Yetis.” Johan and Robertc said.

“You can head back if you want and we’ll keep going” I told them.

“Alright, good luck then.” And then they left.

We followed the Yeti tracks towards the den. We came to a clearing and infront of us was a cave entrance. We saw a large Yeti entering the cave. I started to prepare a Web spell and told the Ligre and Zomb to make lots of noise. Then a smaller Yeti came to the entrance and got hit by my Web Spell and was unable to move and screamed.

Ligre shot an arrow at the stuck Yeti and 3 more charged at us. Ligre switched to his sword, then he and Jason charged them. I fired a Magic Missile at the mother Yeti. Jason and Ligre killed the three Yetis just as the Webbed one broke free and charged at them.

Then a quick search of the den and we found 5 gems which when sold gave us 1604 gold. Then when we arrived at town we were able to bring Zomb back to life. After a far long month cooped up in the mountains and almost dieing and seeing my friends die, I rested at my home in Givemea. And then made some toast with my mind.

Sir Schmoopy
3rd Level Magic User
Givemea, Givemea

Last edited by Tim B on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's too bad, so close to epic success.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolves, hehe

Sergio, we have to plan an epic game, perhaps just to get the level 3 mu's of the world items, thus able to kill wolves.
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pretty epic title skills on my part if you ask me, Very Happy
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was close to a success and even closer to a total group whipout.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a total of 1604 Gold, it was 401 each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: