Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black dragon for sale.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Black dragon for sale. Reply with quote

A young black dragon was found on the latest adventure. The group wants to sell it if the price is right.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, keep that man. I'll buy it from you...I mean come on. Dragons grow up to be awesome and powerful. If the dragon listened to us...? Smile Whatever
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he house trained yet? How much does it cost to feed him? Any do's adn dont's? Shocked
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raise it, because then you can fight it against other dragons, and you can fly with it. Though it is going to cost a lot to feed it, not to mention when it gets older. Who would like to donate to the dragon raising?

P.S. Call him Draco.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think money will be a problem...especially for either the guild or Mike...or any cougar, or Christenson's character.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Christenson's character does not have very much money, He keeps getting hurt during games and has to spend money getting fixed up. For example, last night his arm was cut off and he had to get a regenerate spell done that use up most of his share of the treasure found.
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I don't recall seeing any books in the stores about the care and trainng of dragons as a pet. Sorry.
Jacob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Interesting... Reply with quote

You may have a buyer...got ur message late Steve, sorry...otherwise I prolly would of been there.

Lytle Boxer 9/11 Fighter/Thief
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveB wrote:
Dave,

I don't recall seeing any books in the stores about the care and trainng of dragons as a pet. Sorry.

That doesn't exactly mean you can't. I mean, it was said the same about wolves, but now they are dogs. How old is this dragon? Like, does it think of you as the mother, or does it not care, or does it hate you or what?
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Michael S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well see the dragon might eventually turn on us, but then again it might not and that would be awesome. Anyway for the right price anyone can buy...but seriously how awesome would that be if it didnt turn...but yea it was taken at birth and doesnt know that its supposed to be evil...and has listened and done everything that we have asked it too...it was trapped in a crate in dogrums keep all its life...it can not fly yet and can not use its acidic breath weapon yet...if anyones interested say a price and i will decide if it is enough....and for the guild chris payed back 3,000 of his debt....but he claims he only owes 5,000 cause he payed back the guild 5,000 already....so sergio figure that out....and i'll make him pay what u say....and the guild has a +1 long sword....couple more thousand and 7 +2 crossbow bolts....
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Chris did pay 5,000, but that was off the original 15,000 of a resurection. So, he owed us 10,000 more. And now he payed 3,000, so so that leaves 7,000. I think anyway. It's not a huge deal, and Mike your in charge pretty much now anyway.

As for cool dragon, if you can train/find place to keep it/and king doesn't mind...keep it. But, if someones willing to pay enough, and I mean alot, gold always rocks. Smile

I checked the monsrous manual, for 2nd edition anyway, and it says that a baby dragon of almost any type should fetch around 10,000 gold. But that's not Tenne I guess. Maybe use it for an estimate.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i was thinking at least 20,000...how cool would that be....winthrope the mage told us we should kill it...but what does he know....this dragon doesnt know its evil...so therefor could become good....you know like drizzt...all im saying is that if i were the DM i would let characters make this dragon chaotic good...but untill then Lucky (along with cooncarin because we need the speak with animal spell) will be teaching the dragon (named frankenstein) common and teaching it morals and good habits....trying to drain out the evil thats in him.....and completely in secrecy i would ask cooncarin if he thinks we should let the king in on our little secret...even though he probably allready knows...even make a trip to Pleasantville to see if they would have any advice on the subject
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secretely back, leave the King out of the loop for now. I mean, half the time he doesn't even tell us when the countries in war. Also, Cooncarin voluntarilly casts speak with animal as often as Lucky wants. This is up to 5 or 6 times a day if I'm thinking of the right level.

20,000 would kick ace. Also, a tamed dragon would rock. I like the drizzt example. Winthrope knows nothing, so don't listen to him...what am I saying, we never listen to him (Remembers time Winthrope transported us back from dungeon early right before we got close to a treasure room) In fact, just ignore Winthrope.

As for Pleasantville, tough choice. For once your in something big, and the cougars don't have anything to do with it. I'd leave em out to until it's necessary. lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: blah Reply with quote

I say kill it.
There's no way you'll be able to keep it under control living in a town.
Maybe in the country, maybe if you were a high enough mage to constantly subdue it/charm it, and maybe if you were evil.

Sell it to the king, he'll kill it, you keep the dragon scales for shields.

Can't change stupid......or evil.

Any person/being/thing bringing this dragon to my fair city will instantly be considered hostile and the dragon will be subdued and killed. It is not welcome in Pleasantville.

- Mayor Urza
Michael S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but see the king wont pay us anything...or very little....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: