Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Punishment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Punishment Reply with quote

The last few times I have played DnD their has been a lot of inter group argument which generly leads to swords being weilded and I am sick of it so I have come up with a punishment method.

If If someone attemps to attack someone with or without a weapon. He will lose half of his treasure for the adventure which will be donated to the guild.

If someone deals hit points they will receive the above punishment and will have half of their hit points taken away and will not be healed by a cleric. They can use their own potions.

If someone that commits a crime mentoned above and refuses to accept the punishments they will be kicked out of the group or killed.

Side note: The group (except the accused) will vote on if the person commited the crime and the punishment used. The above is just a guideline. Please commit on if it is a good idea or if you have any suggestions or how you deal with intergroup fighting.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first there should be no inter group fighting. But we have also learned that it always happens. The most recent one I can remember is Jake Duclos trying to get our group to use a boat. And we thought that was pointless because we could just fly over, well we argued about it and so Steve punished us by having something attack us. It also took up valuable playing time so we didn't get time to search as much of the dungeon. So the point of this is Steve hurts the group for fighting so there is already a penalty.

Also I would like to say with the rules, taking away gold or hit points is hurting the group they are playing with. Without the gold he doesn't gain experience. There is no way to just take away hit points and if you do it just hurts your group because there is less chance of him doing well fighting leading to him dying which will lead to a better chance of the group being killed off. Also if it is a cleric that lost their hit points they would just heal themselves, which would waste spells that would end up hurting the group. And it gives the clerics an unfair advantage.

Also with the kicking out of the group or killing. Well the killing we are doing the same thing that got them in trouble in the first place, also how would we kill some of the stronger characters. Like Lytle, it is just unrealistic to give out punishments like that. We are caotic characters so out characters would get into fights. We are not lawful characters.

Sorry for not agreeing with you Dakota, I do agree that there is to much fighting. I'm guessing the only way to stop it, is if it always the same person causing problems, maybe not invite that person to play, I'm pretty sure Steve doesn't like the fighting also. But even this is severe and I think people deserve more than one chance, but I think Steve takes care of it pretty well by having the group attacked by something or something bad happening to the group, we just have to learn not to fight with each other and listen to everyone's opinions.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

self fighting is tough. Punishments are difficult to determine. Like chris said I found that most fights come because of a disagreement over something to do in game. This is why most games I try to have everyone agree on a leader. The leader can listen to everyone and make a choice. If the leader makes what appears to be a bad decision the group can just outvote him.

There will still be fighting, but I find making small threats works well Smile Example, if Chrissy hit Cooncarin I'd probably say I'm not healing you after next battle. This isn't a direct punishment just something between two characters then.

Overall it's best to just try and make sure it doesn't happen though I'd say.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that I would not have to use the punisments I came up with. I just want people to know that if their is a fight their will be consequences and this was an obvious way to show it.

I don't mind disagrements becouse that is usually how dicisions are made. I tend to be the leader and I always ask for opinions. The thing that causes our fights is people act with out asking the group. Like opening doors before asking if they should and stupid stuff like that. Which for some reason lead to fights. Confused I tried small threats to stop the fight but that lead to swords being held at the throat of two charachters.

I will try Sergio's way and let the two characters that are fighting handel it. I have thought about the fact of them not getting exp. from the gold we take from them and how it may affect the group but I feguired that constant fighting would be worse then a character getting less exp. and gold for one game.
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a game recently or something? If so, what happened?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio see post called game.
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I saw that post since I commented on it Chrissy...lol, but I thought maybe they played again this past weekend. Which now that I think about it makes little sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a boat.

Different players don't always work together.
We took a while before figuring out who would "work" in the adventuring party and who wouldn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: