Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conversation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Conversation Reply with quote

It's weird that we do not have a constant D&D conversation going on in this forum, because if we don't, then Steve won't be in the mood when some of us come home.

I can start. D&D is fun. Cooncarin is the best character in Tenne, and most people wish they were him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sergio I will agree with you about one thing D&D is fun. But I do not think Cooncarin is the best character in the game as Zomb has met some pretty amazing people, but I will say he is pretty decent. And I don't know if I would say that most people wish they were him, but perhaps a few people wish they were. Although, Zomb does not wish to be Cooncarin, he thinks that it could be fun to cast spells, but does not wish to have to go through the ridicule of being a half-elf though he has no problems with them, he just doesn't have the security inside to go through that scrutiny. I hope I did well keeping the conversation going.

And I think we should have a D&D game on Thanksgiving weekend and maybe one before that sometime. I know Sergio likes to plan early so we should start. I know I'm never around Sergio, but we should play Risk, Monopoly, or D&D sometime up here too. Maybe Eric would be willing to play.
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will continue the conversation as well then....

People who say they don't like half elves are just jealous. They're also scared of the raw power inside of half elves. It's almost impossible to determine if most people want to be Cooncarin, because we'd have to poll at least half of the people on the planet, a difficult task I leave up to Chris.

His name is spelled Erik, and he and I would love to play Risk/Monopoly sometime soon. I didn't bring my world stuff with me, but could get it here soon if we wanted to. Depends if we had enough people to play.

As for Melrose, I'm not really sure when I'm going home next. For sure not this weekend or next, I've got things scheduled, but perhaps the week after? I shall see.

And the conversation continues!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio what guild items are the new guys and I aloud to use when we go on an adventure.
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much anything non-magical you can automatically use, so the extra swords, bows, armor, horses, etc. You can also take up to 1,000 gold from the guild fund without asking, just let me or Mike know so we subtract it.

We also have dozens of +1 shields you can borrow. Potions can be borrowed, like the animal control or heroism ones. That's about it, pretty much all the major magic needs be asked for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dogroms keep has a room in it that when you touch the ground 4 hellhounds attack and on the otherside is a large falcon statue with jewels for eyes and is holding an amulet in its beak. Does the guild have an item that would allow me to fly over to the statue levatate so I can get the amulet and jewels and so I would not have to touch the ground and almost die. If so it would be most aprecated if I could borrow it next time I go to Dogroms keep.

Sounds like the guild has a large stock pile of items. Must be from years of adventuring and collecting.

The Melrose Dutchmen football team is really sucking it up. We have not one a single game yet. We even lost to Long Prairie.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a flying broom, but we only let that used if Chris, Mike, or I play. You can borrow moccasins of levitation though, at least you can float.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moccasins would help out quite a bit. Thanks
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we mention that if you brought the broom or anything remotly flamable in there it would instantly catch fire? Because it will. Wood catches fire. Sad

All we really need is some more reisist fire/cold spells and Ligre needs to do some pull ups so he can climb up a rope.

EDIT: Just to clarify the reisist fire spell in there made us from not instantly dying but sweating buckets and if we were in there for much longer we might have started to take damage from the heat and collapse.

EDITEDIT: Oswald votes for himself as the best character in the game and Slayer and Sting both vote for Slayer.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Dakota M

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off Sergio wont let us use the flying broom. Second I have an 18 strength. Third next time you can fight the hellhounds by yourself. Fourth what safe way do you have for someone to climb up the statue becouse last time I almost fell into the fire pit.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance Oswald is the best character.

Let's look at the facts:
Cooncarin could beat Oswald in a fight
Cooncarin has more material possesions than Oswald
Cooncarin has started a guild, which Oswald joined
Cooncarin is awesome
Cooncarin is a half elf, while Oswald is merely a human

Those are only a few points of importance

I guess we could settle this by playing D&D. Late October I think

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for a game. I work the weekends of the 4-5th of October and the 18-19th of October, so the other two weekends would be better, Sergio, if it is one of the other two weekends and you need a ride home, I can give you one, as I now have my car up here.

Anyway Sergio, I'm willing to play Risk/Monopoly any night, if you guys want to play just give me a call, I've been going home like every weekend though. So it could be difficult on those nights.
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying to use the broom, infact I am saying that it would go poof and burn into tiny ashes if we did. Grappling hooks are the answer to all the next series of numbers.

Oswald also changes his vote to Slayer.

P.S. I like money. So does Oswald. Oswald also like slingshots. Oswald also likes spending a quite afternoon with a slingshot and a couple hundred copper pieces shooting squirrels outside his house.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that Ligre' is third best only to Cooncarin and Lucky. I can alwalys go for a DnD game as well.
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best is simply objectionable. If best by stats then yes, you could find out who is "best" but best could be "guy who doesn't die a lot" or "is just really cool".

Slayer now has 30 votes from 30 drunks who Oswald bought a drink for.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: