Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resignation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Scouting Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Resignation Reply with quote

To: Committee Chairman

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.
I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So....here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause,
"Tag! You're it."

Sincerely

Scoutmaster
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great Steve, now I feel bad. Thanks a lot. I miss being 8. I bet you miss it more. Don't worry, we will put you in a home when you get old enough so that you don't even have to worry about going to the bathroom.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Scouting Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: