Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What I write when I stay up late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: What I write when I stay up late. Reply with quote

This is what happens after many nights of writting late into the night. I honestly thought it was going to be funny, a Lich marrying a great priest. Imagine family gatherings. "Turn undead!" "Go my minions and destroy the earth!" Ah man, that would be funny. To make it even better Oswald turns out to be a fighter! Not a cleric, not a magic user, but a fighter. However, somehow I got this.

Oswald has no way of bringing them back himself, and seeing as he is not magical they probally won't be unless I write about them oustside of DnD. But hey, this leaves many possibilities and I may have just created something strong enough that Steve could turn into a quest.

In the end, this story is messed up. Oswald's brother died at birth, as did his mother, his dad turned into a Lich and tried to bring his brother back to life, and Oswald could either be split in two or actually have his twin brother be alive. To tired now, will work on this more later.

Well, I, Oswald have decided to write down my life story for incase I would happen to die, even if the chance is unlikely. Unlike most, my family isn't what you would call....normal to say the least. Heck, I would barely say anything about them for fear of getting a fireball to the face. On the topic of my family, I will begin the story with them.

Chapter 1: The magical beginnings

First off, I would like to say even though I am a high ranking Fighter, my family isn't all thugs. Heck, I am the only one in my family who doesn't use any magic at all.

My mother was a high priestess cleric, one known throughout the land for her kindness and generosity. She laughed at death and even defied the gods with her abilities. It was this that led to her death. On the other side of the planet of Givamea is landmass, where our family originally lived. It was all fine and dandy for here until she gave birth to me and my twin brother.

At childbirth, I was born a healthy boy, full of strength my lungs full of air. My brother on the other hand, didn't make it. My mother was weak from the birth, and when she tried to bring him back. Sadly, she could not bring him back and died soon after. The church tried all they could to get her back, but in the end they failed reaching her

Soon after, my father took me and we traveled by ship to the other side of Tenne. I think that he was trying to escape the loss of my mother and brother, and the fact that the gods wouldn't release my sibling and that his dear wife didn't want to come back.

My father was a very focused and powerful man, as strong as my mother in different ways. While my mother possibly the most powerful cleric to walk the land, he was a mighty wizard who could vanquish his foes with ease. Every year on the anniversary of my brother's death he would teleport us both to our homeland to visit my brother and mother's grave.

But when he got to Givamea he got into a bought of depression and slowly, his magical powers faded away. It wasn't until I was five did he lose his ability to teleport, and soon could only do card tricks.

My father was a kind man, full of knowledge and wanting to teach. He looked at magic differently then most other wizards, seeing his magic as stuff he does himself, while looking at clerical magic something the gods do. In his mind, he thought that in theory a god could give a cleric wizard abilities or a wizard could do what a god could.

When I was six he went on a trip, leaving me with the church, a book about my mother. Though I wasn't adept at contacting the gods, I could feel my mother somewhere else, watching me. However, sometimes she felt very close to me and other times it felt as if she was in another world.

A year later, during the dark of night I saw a black figure appear in my room. I couldn't get a good look at his face, but he reached out to me with a thin arm and grabbed me. The thing had a cold touch, and it barely breathed. He and I were whisked away to a distant place, and I could feel something about him.

Shaking, I asked him who he was, and suddenly, the room lit and I saw the face of my father, pale and thin looking at me. Giving him a great hug, I asked him what happened, but he simply said he had done something he wasn't proud of. Spending the time with the church, I could feel an evil presence inside of him, along with his kind self.

For days he told me what he was doing, on how he had traveled to every kingdom to find a new magic. He couldn't find anyway to restore his former powers until one night. He stumbled upon a book, showing him about an evil magic. He had become a lich. He told me though that he had found a way to bring my mother and brother back to life, but he needed my help. Taking a bit of my blood, he and I went into a dimly lit room. Placing the blood in the middle of the floor, he started to channel his energy.

He and I glowed, and the room started to shake. I could feel myself being torn in two and half of me was leaving my body. I let out a yelp of pain and collapsed onto the ground.

When I awoke, a group of clerics were in the room, standing over me taking care of me. I looked around the room and saw a figure lying ground also being attempted to. It was hard to seem him because it wasn't bright in the room, but when we were being carried out of the room I managed to get a good look at him and saw myself.

After returning back to the church I had found out that during the middle of my father's spell, a group of clerics had been hunting him for the deeds he had done and had killed him. I do not blame them; the process of becoming a lich was an evil one. The matter of the second me baffled them until they found a book with my father's corpse talking about his new magic. It was soon burned for the evil it contained.

Out kindness, the church allowed my brother and I to stay with them until we became adult, and could support ourselves.

My brother, like my mother and father was very magical. When he was brought back he was the same age as I and knew the same things as me. Since he was brought back he was very in tune with the gods, able to perform spells within weeks of training that could take most lifetimes.

We both were hard working, but in his case practice doesn't make perfect, natural talent does. He was so smart and so good that he surpassed me in magical ability easily. After a group of magic users saw him performing low leveled spells at such a young age, a great feat in itself they asked what kind of training he had had.

When he replied that he had none they were floored. They asked the church if they could train him in the way of wizard magic and the church accepted. Maybe they saw his parents and thought he shouldn't be limited in his magic. I am not sure, but by the time he reached 18 he was a high priest, a powerful druid, a clever illusionist, and such a strong wizard that he surpassed his mentors.

Basically, my brother was almost pure magic. I was his shadow, nothing more. Anything I could do he could do better. He wasn't cocky or arrogant and even helped me but I was still left in the dust. It was because of this that I turned away from magic and took up the sword and shield. Against the churches wishes I became a gambler. Gambling being one of the few things I could beat my brother in when he didn't cheat.

When we were both twenty we started to grow distant from each other. We would both still visit each other and talk about the past. Through his great knowledge he was able to get more information about our parents and our mother and father. In the book he gave the reason why he thought he could be brought back. He said that when he died he traveled to different planes of existence, gaining abilities that a regular man shouldn't have.

It was soon after this he disappeared, not to be seen again. His home was burnt down and all of his work lost, and any records of my father and mother were erased. No church would help me find my brother which didn't exist, until I returned back to the church which raised me. The head priest there trained my brother personally, and would do almost anything to bring him back. When I told him about the planes of existence he came up with a plan. He thought that maybe my brother had traveled to another plane, and so using his powers he sent me to another plane to find him.

No matter how hard I looked I couldn't find him, and soon lost hope. Maybe, somehow he died and there was no way to bring him back. Possibly the most adept man to magic would be gone and he could never help the world. The priest came up with one final plan. He tried to speak to the dead with my brother, but got nothing. I only hope that this means he is alive.

The cleric then tried to speak to my father, and got some more light on the situation

We found out that this new magic wasn't exactly perfected, and when he was interrupted any number of things could have happened. Same way if you stop a normal spell, a random effect happens. When I told him that I had no magical abilities even when I had two very magical parents he came up with his own theory.

His theory was that the man whom I had loved like family was myself. I was split in half, the magical part of me taking a new entity and the regular me being myself, but without any magical powers.

Finally the priest tried to contact my mother, but was unable to be contacted. So she must either be in another plane, or still be alive.

Even if that man is not my brother, he will still be the closest thing I have. He was my best friend, and that is what made us brothers.

All traces of my family are now gone. Not a single church knows my mother, and my father was erased from history. My brother is just viewed as a sad loss of a prodigy, and all of his notes were burned in the fire that destroyed his house. My father's notes were destroyed when he was killed, and I only have a few things to even prove my family exist, none of it being able to bring them back.

After this, I had many questions. Where is my brother? Is he my brother, or the magical part of me? Where is my mother? How can I contact her? What would have happened if I wasn't split apart? What could happen if an evil force got my brother's magical powers?

In the end, I will most likely never find the answers. I walk foreword into the world to maybe one day find the answers. This is big, bigger maybe even bigger then the gods themselves.

However, from hearing my story, there is one very important thing you must know. None of this stuff actually happened. I don't have a brother, and my mother and father live somewhere in Minta. I mean, come on, a cleric marrying a man who becomes a Lich? A twin brother who dies or may be a clone of myself? Just think man. Thank you for our five minutes of time.

In all honesty, I am just a guy who got drunk one day, and for about three years adventured but was so drunk that I don't remember any of it. I am also a compulsive gambler but luckily for me I make a living offf of it.

Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points

Last edited by Alex on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, but sort of poorly written history. I have trouble believing Steve will allow all of those things to be true but whatever.

Anyway pancakes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the thing Oswald says to impress the ladies after buying them a Dwarven ale. By that point, you could say you are Paladin and they wouldn't care.

EDIT: I changed the last part of it to make sense.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Mike L

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note, Urza applies for Paladinhood.
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urza, if you become a god through Paladin I would so pray to you. As long as you strike my enemies down with your mighty and powerful laser.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Urza gets to be a paladin, I should get to buy a penguin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i should get to buy plastic surgery
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one gets to be a paladin,

plastic has not been invented yet,

but Sergio can have a penguin that has a permanent "cold" spell cast upon it to withstand the hot Givemea temperatures (for a rather steep price of course). Keep in mind that a penguin travels across land very slowly.

**After all, if Gerry could have an ostrich and a dorse, and Brent could have a lion, and Pleasantville has displacer beasts in its zoo, a penguin is a small thing to ask. **
The master of all!
Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah hah! Success...unless of course this permanent cold spell is too too steep of a price. I like penguins, but I LOVE gold....

Further discussion may be required

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually steve...its a tiger, fyi!

Stay classy everyone
Mike L

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only character able to BE a paladin in Steve's world, denied. Yet Jake is what, tri-classing now? Bush league
Pretty sure Dave had to just stick to his two.

Hatin' on the mayor. I'm starting to count the 7 sp a month from each citizen that is written in the player handbook as to be received for being a lord. What.

eeeey bwent
Michael S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was technically unable to be anything other than an assasin because of my low charisma...so i got that going for me....which is nice
Alex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael S wrote:
i was technically unable to be anything other than an assasin because of my low charisma...so i got that going for me....which is nice

Didn't Steve give you a few points of Charisma when you were last revived?
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: