Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oswald Iambdnd's adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Oswald Iambdnd's adventure Reply with quote

I had just who had just gotten done with his night of gambling to stagger back to the Ziatec guild. After trying a few random words on the glyph of warding Cooncarin placed, I went into my own room and went to bed.

The next day, some people came to join the guild. A bad aura surrounded them, like danger would follow, but we accepted them anyway. I don't really remember their names, so I made them up. There was the Dwarf/mole(Billy), the elf/Santa's slave(Johna), generic cleric number 2/going to get us all killed(Zack), and Generic fighter number 2/guy who knows most of my languages(Aaron).

To test these new guys out, we decided to go an adventure with Lucky Luck, who wasn't really lucky. We took the portable hole of course, because it was awesome. We took another person from the guild, but I don't remember their name either so I just called her generic cleric number 1(Chris)

So off we went, onwards to lannings. Within the first few minutes of traveling I already knew we were all going to die. It seems generic cleric number 2(Zack) fell off his horse. We laughed at him, and then Santa's Slave(Johna) fell off his and it ran away. We caught it, laughed at those two, and continued.

We stopped in a town I don't remember, but I do remember they did not have magic shops and they did not leave a chocolate on my pillow. Revenge will come one day. We continue on when suddenly, beserkers burst out from the forest, sprint as fast as they could.

We ran away with a light gallop with our horses. Well most of us. It seems that they surrounded me along with two other guys. They hit one guy, but we got away. We then decide to kill these guys, so the mole, generic fighter number 2, the christmas elf, and the mole stay behind and shoot arrows. The rest of us charge in, wanting blood.

I was fighitng 3 guys at once, and of course being the fastest and more agile guy in the group they didn't even nick me. That is the one advantage I have over lucky luck, and darn it, I am going to exploit it. The problem is though, that I wasn't really paying attention, to busy worrying about my towel in my backpack that I didn't really attack them back.

Until it happened.

Ching.

I was mad. They hit my shield. How dare they try to attack me, Oswald Iambdnd. Oh, I made him pay. I made him pay alright. I also found out that if you hit something hard enough they do kind of an internal explosion thing, and it was cool. Really cool.

I turned just in time to see Lucky Luck punch one of those guys in the throat and kill it, which was cool in its own right, but explosions are more fun. Even more so with no gunpowder.

After the battle was over, we lost one bowstring, and generic cleric number 2(Zack) was knocked out. We healed him a bit before continuing. We then made it to town. Again, no mints or sweets of any kind on my pillow. I might take myself to the electrum piece inn to get better service.

We continued until we made it to a cave. A cave which contained Lannings.

------

More to come. I wrote this at about 2 at night and forgot about it. So, spelling and grammar mistakes will lie about.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Zack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Nice story Alex

It's Jonah not Johna
Hitpoints:18
Dexterity:17
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that from now on, if you plan to write stories, that you take note of people's neames, cities you journey through, and other bits of information. Those are the things that help to carry a story.

Other then that, it is a fine start to a story that has a lot more to it. This barely scratched the suface.
The master of all!
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the beginning...the part that invloved Coon. It was like a little inside joke almost.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveB wrote:
I would suggest that from now on, if you plan to write stories, that you take note of people's neames, cities you journey through, and other bits of information. Those are the things that help to carry a story.

Other then that, it is a fine start to a story that has a lot more to it. This barely scratched the suface.

I know, I am going to write more tonight.

All I remember is that billy's person was named Link and Chris's was Chrissy K the second. So, I decided to give everyone a funny name of sorts.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey journal, it is me again, Oswald. The normal one of the group. Not the one who is a mole(Billy), not the one who has pointy ears(Jonah), not the one who has broken a copyright law(Zack), not the one who has an ironic name because I am not so lucky(Mike), and not the best cleric in our group(Chris), and not a guy who is very similar to me. He is cool though.(Aaron)

Anyway, we were at the mouth of the cave. We all walk in, single file because these Stalagmight like creature were in there. I was second, behind Lucky Luck mainly because in terms of fighting power I was right behind him. A thousand miles behind him in power, but behind him none the less. The cleric, Chrissy K. II was also important, more so then me but I clerics have feather fall spell cast on them all the time, because they seem to take as many hits as feathers do.

These creatures fell down, none hitting Lucky Luck. Then some tried to fall on me, which I easily dodged because I have a sort of sixth sense but without the feminane shoes elves and half elves wear. I don't remember who got hit or not, since I was busy seeing if my sword is stronger then these rock monsters, which I might add they were. But when I looked back, our little cleric, the newer one was dead and being eaten. I got the monsters off of him but it was to late.

I was sad. Mainly because I could have used those cure light wounds. Did I say I? Guess I did. I obviously meant the group, since I hardly feel pain anymore.

Vboomboomboom

Earthquake

That is what Lucky shouted before we all made a run for the outside of the cave. Wanting to give the cave a chance, I ran backwards. Yes backwards. By the time I got out, a rock hit me pretty hard, but nothing to bad. In fact, I still felt pretty good. Link, the dwarf mole also got out and got hit pretty hard and was almost out of it. I wonder, how could a four foot dwarf run faster then four humans when he was farther ahead then them? I think he must have climbed on their shoulder's or something and pushed off once he got close to the exit of the cave. Only thing I can think off.

The other cool fighter got out too. Our horses were gone, and it started to rain. A wall of rock now separated us from the other, slower party members. Using my amazing strength, I lifted up Link and told him to think back to his primal instincs of digging. And dig he did. The wind started to get harder, and the rain turned into hail. It was so bad that even I was having a hard time dodging it. Still managed it though. Don't believe me? Well this is my story, and if you don't like it stop reading.

Then suddenly the rock wall separating the rest of the group was gone, and everyone was standing there perfectly, and praying. I can only assume it was to me since I came up with the idea of having Link dig. Possibly to Link also for using his amazing digging powers. Anyway, we continued, but were stopped.

Whatcha doing in my place?

--------

Done with this part. A bit better then last time since I was actually awake when I wrote this one. Again, don't like how I depict things? Don't read it. I think Oswald is awesome.

Oh, and Steve, anything I said here about Oswald being awesome with his high dexterity is a bit exagerated. I could only dodge some of the hail, not all. So please don't take that against me. All people like to stretch the tale just a bit, right?

Comments are liked also.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to continue this tomorrow.

Oh, and Sergio, I just found out how to get pass your glyph of warding. Turns out that by touching it and taking 2 points of damage they are dispelled.

Who knew?

Nah, not going to touch it. Might throw a rock at it occasionally, but not touch it. Just thought we might want to up our security on the guild if Sergio, possibly the strongest person in the guild next to Lucky Luck is leaning on 2 points of damage to stop a would be theif(Jacob) to steal our magical items. Possibly an underground chamber filled with many trap doors, each containing a glyph of warding could be used to keep them out. And we will then have a wine cellar!

I also found out that we should never have a portable something or a hole something within the area of each other. Bad stuff happens.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's 2 damage Alex, what I read says this...

The glyph is "permanent until discharged", doesn't matter if someone touches it or not. I've had creatures continually run into a glyph before and keep getting damaged over and over.

Unless the rules have changed of course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What book are we using this glyph from? Because I am using the offical player handbook first edition I think. It says it does eletrical or fire damage, and once you get up to a high enough level, death. But you can't really level up as a cleric anymore.

I think it is 2 damage per clerical level. Not exactly sure though.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let's assume you are correct. If it is
Quote:
2 damage per clerical level
, I'm 5th level cleric which would be 10 damage. 10>2 Smile

I'm also still pretty sure it's permanent, unless Steve has just made an exception for me everytime.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you can cast either a lighting glyph, a fire glyph(will burn out place down) a paralasis glyph if you are high enough level and a blindness glyph(I think the last two are for higher levels.)
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: