Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th Edition Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: 4th Edition Discussion Reply with quote

Now, There isnt enough time to cram in all the 4th edition things that need to bed discussed around all the school i have. So I've decided to start a post about it. and the first thing, which has troubled me is the 4th ed. Races.

Now, obviously i am referring to the Dragonborne race. The other races' racial feats and abilities are trivial in comparison to the Dragonborne's Fire breath skill. An encounter skill dong 1d8 (?) damage. Off the top of my head, the elf ability gives them a chance to reshoot their bow shot and start out proficient in long and short bows.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eldiran can teleport 50 ft. Which would be asome as a rogue. The abiltiy to reshot there bow is really nice for rangers. And the Dragonborne fire breath only does 1d6. It is clear that the teleport and fire breath are the two best though.
Tim B

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the eladirin (which i have not yet incorporated into my world) have a sweet thing too. but for you the charisma for paladins is perfect.

Next thing i was going to talk to you about is Rituals. It used to be that mages could do all this really cool things other than combat and now tey are reduced to spaming combat attacks while everyone who has the feat can do them.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of attacks that only wizards can do. You know how we have righteous smite and laying hands that only Paladans can use. Same thing for all classes like mages have fireball and burning hands.Rituals can only be used if you have the ritual caster feat (mages and clerics automatically get that feat) and the religion or arcane skill. Which paladians, cleris, and mages all are forced to have. Fighters do not have the ability to take either skill so they can't cast rituals. I don't know about the rest. Plus rituals take how ever many hours that the ritual level is to cast. So a first level ritual would take 1 hour to cast a second 2 hours to cast and so on. So only a few classes can prefore the rituals. There are some rituals which are arcane and some which are religion. It dosen't say if you need the arcane skill to cast arcane rituals or the religion skill to cast religion rituals. So if you wanted you caould make that rule.
Tim B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about times on rituals, i was looking through them and there are some with 10 minutes casting times, so they arent all one hour. but i might do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: