Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeon idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Dungeon idea Reply with quote

Ok, this dungeon idea is basiclly me suggesting a messed up thing we could use for one game. I think it would be cool.

What this idea is, we enter the dungeon, and suddenly, no one can move besides the mage. Everyone looks at him and themselves and notices one thing, he isn't wearing any metal. My idea means that if we were to enter a new dungeon, it would increase our metal objects weight so much that we could only walk into it 10 feet and out.

It would get stronger as we get in, so we would have enough time to remove our metal armor and weapons. I think this would pose a challenge for us, seeing how it will mess up the Fighter's and anyone else who uses any metal on their body. It would also be made of a special glowing stones, that when magic is cast apon it, it would make the spell bounce all around, like rubber. That would pose a threat for magic and cleric user's too, since if they miss with a big spell it could kill us.

What do you guys think of this idea. I know it sounds stuipid, but I was hoping maybe we could try it once.

Also, the magnetic stuff would be so strong after you get far enough in there, a paper clip would crush you, so that is why you want to take off the metal.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Weapons Reply with quote

Not only armor, but weapons would be affected too. So Mike, you will get to use that stick after all!

Lytle Boxer 9/11 Fighter/Thief
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Not only armor, but weapons would be affected too. So Mike, you will get to use that stick after all!

Yes, he can use the stick, if it is wooden. This dungeon is basiclly there to make it hard for fighters, and give some challenge to Mages and Clerics. Good thing I can buy wooden arrows.

"I rush in and charge at the monster."
*Thump*
"Can't.....breath."
*Dies*
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Mike L

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: ridiculous Reply with quote

First thing, this is ridiculous.

Our metal potion holders? Couldn't use. wooden shield? c'mon now. No rings, no jewelry, no arrows, the tips are either iron or silver, all wood arrows would break before doing any real damage. What about "spell components?" (i paid 500 gp for em)

and gold itself wouldn't be able to be brought out or any magical items other than cloaks.
What a wooden sword +3? Yeah ok.

I'd just go with a stick and break it over people's heads
Michael S

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mike Wow Alex
Alex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ridiculous Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
First thing, this is ridiculous.

Our metal potion holders? Couldn't use. wooden shield? c'mon now. No rings, no jewelry, no arrows, the tips are either iron or silver, all wood arrows would break before doing any real damage. What about "spell components?" (i paid 500 gp for em)

and gold itself wouldn't be able to be brought out or any magical items other than cloaks.
What a wooden sword +3? Yeah ok.

I'd just go with a stick and break it over people's heads

I didn't know gold was magnetic. Because, I could have sworn it isn't. Also, that is the challenge for us, not being able to use good weapons. It is a dungeon manily for the mages. Can't we find Iron swords anywhere? I mean, they are a poor man's sword, but still a sword.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Mike L

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

"My idea means that if we were to enter a new dungeon, it would increase our metal objects weight so much that we could only walk into it 10 feet and..."

(Obviously I added the emphasis)

"didn't know gold was magnetic."
Magnetism has nothing to do with it. You never mentioned magnetics, you mentioned straight metal. Gold is a metal.

"Can't we find Iron swords anywhere? I mean, they are a poor man's sword, but still a sword."

I believe you answered your own question. Poor folks have iron. I don't have iron weapons. My magical weapons are either daggers or swords, silver, and magical. My dragon scale shield, because of its rivets would be heavy according to "magnetism."

Good idea, but ya need to think it through more.
Jacob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

Just wow...all of this. Let's just go bar brawling like the good old days, bare hands!

Lytle Boxer 9/11 Fighter/Thief
Mike L

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: how many? Reply with quote

I can't even remember how many people were taken down then. Man, my memory is leaving me there. I'm starting to forget exact numbers. It was more than 20 though.

We should do that again. Pleasantville needs to be kept clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: