Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Simple Dinner Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: A Simple Dinner Party Reply with quote

Ok, so this is my first DnD Synopsis/Fan Fiction. I've done pretty sweet Star Wars fanfiction before. And i was forgeting in what order some things happened but i think its pretty good.
Tim B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crack of noon. Time to wake up and go to some magic for money in Givemea, Givemea. The city so nice they named it twice. As I heated some bread with my mind I noticed there was a envelope slipped under my door. I picked up the letter and opened my door to see no one there. I found that I had been invited to a diner party at Mr. Cotel’s mansion. As I pondered going or not I noticed my master Cooncarin walking toward my house carrying a similar invitation.
“Looks like a quest of some sorts, maybe.” I asked him.
“Maybe, better grab your gear.”
So after a short 10 minutes gathering live crickets and spiders for spells, we set off for Cotel’s. When we arrived we were met by Merk and Jaina who received invitations as well. We walked into Cotel’s house and were greeted by his butler who guided us to the large dining room. There were plates and silverware set on one of the tables and the skeleton of an elf on the other. After a few minutes Cotel came in.
“Sorry about the skeleton, its part of the décor.” And before Cotel even sat down he walked towards the door to the kitchen and said, “Don’t come back until you’ve found my medallion.” And walked through the door.
Cooncarin walked to the door and opened it to find a destroyed kitchen, with a rank smell in the air and no Cotel. There was a grey, diamond shaped gem inset in the ceiling and Merk decided to touch it. The gem shocked him but also lit up a large diamond shape on the wall. Cooncarin decided to hold onto the gem for a while to see what would happen, and all that happened was the diamond light flickered more.
I started to feel a tad upset for falling into what seemed like a trap this easy. After failing to find any secret doors we headed towards the only other door in the room, the one we entered through. As you could guess, it was not the entryway we came in from. The room was set up for multiple board games, and there were 2 skeletons playing chess. Unknown to everyone but Merk, the skeletons were being controlled by ghosts, and just seeing them aged Merk a year. So after everyone failed to turn them we slammed the door shut and planned what to do.
“Ok, umm. I think I’ll cast sanctuary on myself, then walk in and kill them or use stinking cloud… but that might not work.” Said Cooncarin, the most experienced of our group. But lucky for us, when we opened the door the skeletons and ghosts were all gone.
We found nothing in the Recreation Room so we continued down the hallway and found a door leading to a long hallway with doors on each side, at 10 foot intervals. Starting on the left side on the hallway we found 2 skeletons in female undergarments in bunk beds, 2 footlockers, and some old chain mail. We did this for 2 more barracks finding the same thing with the 1 of the barracks having a gem inside a shoe.
We decided to skip the next to barracks and go to the door at the end of the hallway. When we opened it we saw a mural of a female warrior in a battle and a large canopy bed, then we saw the 4 screaming things come at us. They were extremely ugly and were screaming so loud we could talk to each other or cast spells. This left me in the middle of a river with no paddle and a hold in my canoe. I was able to stab the thing that came after me a couple times before going unconscious and having my knee broken. Jaina started the fight by throwing her magical mace into the bed. Then she pulled out another weapon but to throw that into the bed. After retrieving her magical mace, she accidentally swung and hit Merk in the chest, shattering he mace handle in the process. From what I gather, Cooncarin was able to kill his quickly and then came to kill mine. A bandage and a heal later and although my leg was still stiff, we were ready to continue. After searching for hidden doors, we found one leading into a hallway. We got to the end of the hallway and there was nothing there, so after searching for hidden doors we found a door leading to a storage room, guarded by 3 Griffs. After a short battle, we were able to look at the storage room. Inside were 3 coffers and 4 bags. The first 2 coffers were empty and the 3rd contained 500 platinum pieces (that’s equal to 2500 gold pieces). The first 2 bags were empty with the 3rd containing a gem and the 4th containing 3 pieces of jewelry, including a medallion with strange runes on it.
By now we were quite tired and decided to stay in the large bedroom with the mural. Merk and Jaina took up the bed so me and Cooncarin made our beds on the floor, finding spots no covered in blood. During me and Cooncarin’s shift were heard something on the other side of the door. Since we had staked the door shut we decided to not do anything and a few minutes later the sounds left.
The next morning we decided to skip the right side of the hallway with the bunkbeds, figuring that it would be more of the same. So instead we decided to head into a hallway we had looked into the day before. This hallway had three doors to the left and a door at the end. Starting with the first door we found a bleacher area overlooking an arena. After mapping this area we went through the 3rd door and found a long hallway slanting upward and then to the north. We decided to come back to this later and go to the arena first. So we went back to the door at the end of the hallway and found a hallway slanting down which lead to another door. We opened that door to find a locker room. After searching all the lockers and finding nothing we continued into the arena.
Cooncarin walked out into the arena and found it completely empty. He stepped into a cage and the door slammed behind him. He struggled and failed to bend the bars of the gate, then Jaina walked over a bended them on her first try. With Cooncarin free we went into the door to the north of the arena. This lead to another locker room, this one with some shackles on the wall. After a quick search for hidden doors, we found one behind the lockers. After walking down a 180 foot hallway we came to a Torture room that was completely clean. We opened the door to our right and saw a hallway filled with prison cells.
We found that 2 cells were habited, 1 by a man hurt and almost unconscious, the other by a man whose legs were crippled. The crippled man named Danny who said that he was knocked unconscious by a group of orcs and thrown in here. We had run out of unlock spells so we tried to bend the bars open but couldn’t. We said that we would look for the keys but were unable to find any.
At one point during our adventure, we discovered a storage room with 5 gargoyle s in it. I was unable to successfully fast my Sleep spell and was interrupted by my gargoyle. Much like the Griff incident, I fought mine with my magical dagger until I went unconscious and Cooncarin could come kill mine. Merk took on 2 gargoyle s and was able to cripple one, making him unable to attack, then killing the other. They left the crippled gargoyle for me to kill and get some experience. Also in this room were 10 gems!
During our exploration we found a door that lead to a room that looked exactly like the dining hall at Cotel’s. figuring that this was so find of dimensional door or something we decided that we would only go in there when we were ready to leave.
So on our way to this inter dimensional doorway, we ran into a locked door which we forgot to stake open. Running into the same problem with not being able to help Danny. So in this room next to the Arena, we decided to sleep until morning when we could use our spells again. We staked the door to the arena shut and designated guards for the night. During Jaina’s shift, a glow started coming from the arena. Then a loin clothed, muscular man walked into the room. He was literally glowing was the most handsome man Jaina had ever seen. He reached his hand out to her and she took it, feeling happy and carefree when she touched him as we walked with her into the arena.
Merk woke up for his shift and found Jaina gone. He waited 5 minutes, figuring she was going to the bathroom. 10 minutes go by. 15 minutes go by, no Jaina. 20 minutes go by, no sign of Jaina. Merk decides to wake up me and Cooncarin and investigate because the stake keeping the door to the Arena is gone.
After grouping up around the door, Merk cracks to open to see what is going on. In the middle of the arena there is a body lying in a pool of blood, with someone on top of it. Merk closes the door and as we were discussing what to do something slams the door. Hard. Hard enough to crack it pretty good. Cooncarin decides that he will charge into the arena so that he has room to fight and Merk and I will follow. Once we get inside we see that the glowing man has blood all over from his chin down. And he grows claws out of his fingers and this mouth becomes filled with razor-sharp teeth. And Jaina’s body is lying in a pool of blood, and its hard to see if she is even breathing.
Cooncarin starts to fight the blood covered man and can’t seem to do much to him. I cast Sleep on the man with no effect and then begin to try to stab him with my magical dagger, missing every time. Cooncarin decides to do major damage by levitating above his and using his lightning rod. Unfortunately, without Cooncarin to attack, the man has no one to attack but me. He knocks me out in one hit but just before I slipped into unconsciousness, I thought I could see a bright flash of light and a blood curdling scream. Then I blacked out. I awoke a little bit later to find out that the man was actually a demon and he had destroyed Jaina. Her face was half gone, along with her throat, and breasts. We stored her body in our portable hole and made our way to the inter dimensional doorway and found ourselves in Cotel’s dining hall, while the butler was putting away the plates set out for us.
“What? No dinner?” I yelled out at the butler. He was extremely scared and dropped all the plates he was holding.
“Go get your master Cotel, we want to speak with him” My master Cooncarin said to him.
“Wasn’t there 4 of you before?” The butler asked.
“Well, since you’re the help, these matters don’t concern you. So go get your master.” Cooncarin demanded.
A few minutes later Cotel appeared, obviously surprised we arrived alive.
“Weren’t there 4 of you before” Cotel asked
“Well, there were but she died while we searched for your medallion”, Cooncarin pulled the medallion out and held it in front of Cotel
“May I see it?” Cotel asked
“Ya” Cooncarin answered
As soon as Cotel touched the medallion it began to glow
“It will cost you 6000g for it.” We told him
“6000 gold. So much for one medallion?”
“6000 gold is the price for the life of our friend, we need that much to resurrect him.”
“Tell you what, I will give you 7000 for it because it amuses me.”
“Deal!”
After that we headed over to the gem shop and sold our gems and jewelry, making just under 4500 gold apiece. And with a quick regeneration spell at the cost of the guild’s 15000 gold and Jaina’s own 6000 gold she was as good as new. And after a simple dinner party I was able to learn new, more powerful spells. Now I need a long bath.

Sir Shmoopy of Givemea
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Tim. Nice to see some new synopsis' written. Everything seemed pretty accurate too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was forgetting somethings, like i thought we fought gargoyles. and i changed the order of some explanations to get to the cool stuff. the loot and the demon and stuff.
Dakota M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. Their is nothing more satisfying than a successful quest in which the questgiver gives a decent reward or at least covers your losses. Unlike the King which tends to give you nothing.

At level 1 sleep wont affect most creatures.
Tim B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i put like 5 of those crabs to sleep didnt i? it works good on low lvl characters but he was obviously very high lvl and magical cause he glowed
Mike L

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...where is this? Is it a dungeon?

and demon? hmm

Sold a magical item? Should've called Urza, he would've had it paid, straight cash homey, and then some....because he has to, he's a paladin.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a dungeon. Don't know which one for sure, but I feel like I've been there before. There was a large rectangle arena Mike, sound familiar? The medallion wasn't actually magic, it just glowed and had weird writing on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I asume you casted detect magic and found nothing and languages (I think that is the spell) so you could read it and it said nothing important.
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea comprehend languages didn't work on it. It was magical, but didn't have any benefits or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except for a ton o gold for it
Mike L

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, detect magic to a second person, it can fail you know...

Rectangle?
There's a ton of them with that. Even the maze had them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: