Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Guild Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Is Better?
Ganglion Hall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ramus Hall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sacrum Hall
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Tentorium Hall
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Tim B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: New Guild Hall Reply with quote

Ok, i spent a good part of my morning looking around at different nerves and bones etc., and i've come up with 4 names that i think are all cool. So i will list them and Dakota can tell me what he thinks. I guess everyone else can critque me Cool

Ganglion Hall (prounouced Gang-lee-on, in case u were saying Gang lion)
Ramus Hall
Sacrum Hall
and Tentorium Hall
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are pretty cool sounding, I went with the crowd and voted tentorium though.

To answer Dakota's question, nothing really specific needed. It shouldn't cost over 20,000 total (that includes buying the land in a town) In some smaller towns land is cheaper so you can build a bigger hall, but in general I'd say a two story building w/ about 1,000 square feet per floor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what needs to be in it? i know we need 2 Lord bedrooms for me and Dakota and a kitchen and Dining area. anything else?
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave that completely up to your judgement. Have some fun with it. Whatever you think we need, or would be cool, toss in.

For examle, our biggest hall is in Givemea. Lucky designed it. He built a secret room that only a couple people know about for treasure. I think all the halls have "War Rooms" as well. The one in Rodun has more training facilities because we used it to train their militia.

Really whatever you want.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so i dont have any graph paper that i can find so its not really exact but ive been drawing the hall and what i really want is a Hall with a courtyard and a Wall around it, essentially a castle. and i know it would be expensive but i figured we could put it in one of the smaller towns, and outside of town a little bit
Dakota M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a baracks for other guild members and a few smaller lords rooms for special people, 2 bigger ones for Tim and me, a study area for wizards and cleircs, a hand to hand combat training room, a sitting room, a grand entrance (with a large statue of palidan), kitchen, dinning room, 2 large half spiral stair cases leading to the second lv. and a secret door in my closet leading to a secert storage room.

Outside a stable, riding area, long distance training area, storage.

Good idea Tim I could pitch in a little money to to help build it. I will see what I can put together. I will keep in mind your court yard and put the statue to paladian and fighting area there.
Tim B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think someone has been thinking about this for awhile. haha, as for the Hand to hand training room, if we got my castle-ish outer design that would be in the courtyard. and there is also i secret passage way in yours and my rooms leading to outside the castle or emergencies. Put the barracks in the opposite side of the courtyard. Sitting room/library and the study area within the library room. and we both have secret storage rooms
Dakota M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok but the expansive guild items stay in mine untill you get to a higher lvl. I like your idea of a secert passage way in and outside our rooms. If Lucas, Jonah, Avery and Zack want to live in it as well we need 4 normal rooms for them.
Tim B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41283433@N05/3804923028/

so this is my overview so far on paint
Dakota M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. I will see if I can get some mesurements on it. I think the stables are a little small. Do you want the guild hall right along the wall or a few ft away.
Tim B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41283433@N05/3804146811/

Switched spots of stables and barracks, made them both bigger and added a path way
Dakota M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may want to make the trainging area smaller and put the baracks next to that so we have a place next to the stables to ride.

Sergio with this plan and if I put in 10,000 gold how big can it be.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty big. It'd have to be built out of wood, stone would cost way to much. A two story building, made of wood, with 1,000 square feet on each floor typically costs a total of 20,000 gold. (That includes the land)

The guild fund will pay up to 15,000 gold of whatever you build. So, anything over 15,000 needs to be secured elsewhere.

(Cooncarin will personally donate to the cause as well)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can cut out the surrounding walls to save money if we need too. (btw my first design had a moat and draw bridge but i figured that would be way to expensive Cool )
Dakota M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the guild hall built to 1000 sq ft 2 story building. (25 by 40) the other buildings will be much smaller. The outer rigde could be wood too. We may be able to get some others to donate money. If we built it on the outskirts of a town how much less would the land be. How large is the entire plot going to be. (the main building is 25 by40 ft.) so 50 by 80 that would be almost 4000 sq ft for the whole thing.

Last edited by Dakota M on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: