Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip to Grand Lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Trip to Grand Lake Reply with quote

Trip to Grand Lake
I woke up in the morning to knocking on my door; I wandered how the person had got through my Wyvern Watch that I set up every night. When I open the door it is my long time friend Ratnik, I hadnít seen him in about two years. This was quite an unexpected surprise. I asked Ratnik why he was here, and he responded saying it was a long time since we had seen each other and so he thought we should go out for breakfast and maybe head out for some adventure. He had recently become restless; it had been two years since he had been out for any fun. Although, that amount of time is nothing for those lazy elves, which never do anything. The rest of the day we planned out what we would want to do. We first decided we would head to Lowburg to meet up with Gohan and we decided we would head to the castle in the middle of Grand Lake since Ratnik had already visited the dungeon in the middle of the forest near Lowburg. We decided we would head out in the morning.
That night we decided we would head to the bar for a night of party. We met this cool ranger though I forget his name so I will just call him Eric. We drank much dwarven ale that night. Ratnik became quite drunk and passed out. Eric didnít have quite as many as him so he was fine. I told Eric to meet us at the magic shop in the morning and join us on the trip to Grand Lake. He said he would be there in the morning. I then brought Ratnik home. I left a note on Ratnikís door telling him to meet us at the magic shop in the morning.
In the morning we checked out what the magic shop had in stock. They had some kind of magic but it was some kind of lame oil that wouldnít help at all so we didnít purchase it, especially since Ratnik was the only one who could afford it. We then headed for Molle and made it there without any trouble. The next day we headed for Opt. On the first day we were met by some farmers, but we left them alone and headed on our way. On the second day a Rok flew overhead but it left us alone and we made it to Opt that night. The magic shop had an incredibly rare item in it. The owner was extremely proud. It was a box that had about 7 levers that when pulled made certain things come out of the box, when all 7 levers were pulled it looked a lot like a crab. It could contain 2 man size creatures and could travel in water without anyone drowning. The only problem was none of us could afford it, it costs 15000 Gold pieces. We stayed the night and headed out for Lowburg. We made it there without any difficulty. We stayed at Gohanís house that night. Ratnik and I were both surprised to find out Gohan had a girlfriend staying with him. Her name was Christine Abume.
The next day we left her at Gohanís house and he headed out with us. We followed the river to the second trail and took that to North Graal. It was a two and a half day ride. On the second night during Gohan and Ericís shift we were attacked by eight goblins. They woke us up and we easily took care of them. I tried asking some questions of the dead goblins to find out where there lair was, but they were too stupid to be of any help to us. So I healed the people who were hurt, and we just went back to bed. In the morning we headed to North Graal and then down to Graal. We made it to both safely. At the magic shop was another magical item that had little use to our party and was not worth its expensive cost.
In Graal we went to the mayor to help with cost of getting spells for us to get down to the castle, but he said they hadnít had attacks since we were last here and that we had fixed the problem, so the city wouldnít help pay us. So we went to the church and paid for some free action spells and then I cast water breathing on us. We than made it to the little red ball and were transferred up into the first room of the dungeon. We then pulled the lever in the room and it began to fill with water and we stepped on a wooden platform and rode it up to the next level. I then showed the others around a few rooms on the first floor. Because Ratnik spoke Aquatic Elf we were able to figure out that the castle was made by aquatic elves and that the Sawagen defeated the Aquatic Elves in a war. I also used my Helm of Comprehending Languages to discover what was on the papers. We then figured out where the platform was and had them stand on the platform and I cast water breathing on myself. I went to the water room through the timed doors and I started with the water room, which actually let to the ocean. I then went through the timed doors and ran through them to the platform room and onto the platform. It then lifted us up to the second floor.
Once to the second floor we went through the first door and there was absolutely nothing in there. In the second room was a statue. I picked it up and was immediately attacked by water elemental. It hurt me a little and I failed to hit it all together, but Eric, Gohan, and Ratnik easily finished it off. We then traveled down the hallway and after finding a closet we found a bedroom. The bedroom had a door in it but I couldnít make it budge. We searched a couple more rooms without finding anything. It was getting late and I was low on spells for the day from healing our party so we decided to spend the night in the bedroom with the locked door in it.
In the morning we went headed out again the next room we went into looked like the first platform room so we figured that was how we would get up a floor, but we decided to finish searching the second floor. The next room we went into was a room full of crystals with a blue ball in the middle with a hand print in it. Ratnik put his hand on the hand print and an aquatic elf image appeared. The aquatic elf was filled with all of the information of the castle, but when we asked him the code for downstairs he wouldnít help us. When we asked him about the bedroom he said it was his, and we found out his name was Trelam. Those elves all have such weird names. After we were done talking to him, I tried to take the ball with me but it was connected. While grabbing it I noticed that when my hand was on the handprint he didnít speak. So Ratnik put his hand to it again and Trelam popped up and we asked him why it didnít work for me and he said that some things in the castle could only be revealed by elves with true elf blood.
After hearing that we headed back to the bedroom and Eric who was also an elf touched the door in the bedroom and letters in aquatic elf appeared on the door and it said please say the passphrase. We said the passphrase which we had figured out earlier and found a magical item that was named Trelamís Plaitmail. Trelamís Plaitmail we later figure out is +1 Plaitmail which allows 10 mins of breathing underwater and the ability to swim in it. Although, the plaitmail only fits elves.
We then headed to the next room. In this room we were attacked instantly by Sawagen and Ratnik who was in the lead was hit by a spear. We then pushed into the room and defeated them quickly. There were many green blobs all over this room we figured out they were Sawagen babies. The Sawagen in this room also had a pretty good treasure on them with a crappy weapon or two. We destroyed all the green blobs so they couldnít be hatched.
The next room we visited was a room with a mural; it was in 4 different colors. The colors were red, orange, blue, and black. We then went through the next door which had four doors in the room. In the four rooms were a pillar in each room and each room had its own color. The rooms were red, orange, blue, and black. We went back to Trelam and he wouldnít give us any information on them, but he told us our statue was made of Onyx, which it stood for the color black and meant death. We then went to the black room and put the statue on the black pillar and nothing happened.
We then gave up on this floor and proceeded to the next floor by pulling the lever and riding the platform up. We than traveled through the third floor pretty quickly, there wasnít much to it. We got attacked once or twice, found 7 long swords and 5 short swords. 2 of the long swords and 1 short sword were glowing. They were a few rooms with windows looking out into the ocean, we found a room with a statue like our other one in it and we found a kitchen a dining room and a clothes room. After being attacked those one or two times I healed everybody and we stayed the night in the clothes room so they would make a comfortable bed.
In the morning we found the next platform room and pulled the lever and we took it up to the fourth floor. The first room we went into was a glass hallway where we could see out into the ocean. At the end of the hallway you can see that it used to be connected to another part but now they are disconnected. I would one day like to go and see what I can find over in that part of the castle that used to be connected.
The next room we went into Ratnik went into first and it showed a scene of the war between the Aquatic Elves and the Sawagen and as we went through the next 4 rooms it showed more and more of the history of the castle, but when I went first the scenes didnít happen.
The next door we went into was a glass hallway with a door at the end, there was nothing through that door, but through the next door was a chapel. It looked as if it used to be a chapel devoted to the Aquatic Elvin god, but was now replaced by an area of worship for the Sawagen. We then went through the next door and were immediately hit by Magic Missiles, there were two magic using Sawagen in this room, but we easily took care of them. We then made it through two more doors and then we were down to two doors left. I figured one would lead to a treasure room and one would lead to a leader and a big battle.
We took the left door. Ratnik opened the left door and just missed getting hit by a spear. He saw many Sawagen and immediately closed the door. We were down in health a little bit, but we knew they could be coming out soon for us, so we decided to cast as many protection spells as possible. We could here them preparing for us also. I cast a prayer spell, a protection from evil spell, and a dust devil spell. This gave us a better chance to hit them and them a worse chance to hit us. The dust devil could swarm around a spell caster and make it so they couldnít cast spells. It would also attack it doing minimal damage.
Ratnik then led the way into the room and froze immediately I recognized it as the spell Wyvern Watch. We shouldnít have been stupid enough to fall for that, I cast it all the time. Gohan and I pushed passed the paralyzed Ratnik and Eric followed up the rear. There were about 18 Sawagen fighting, 2 Sawagen Priest/Magic Users and 1 Sawagen Leader/Cheerleader.
I took out 2 Sawagen right away. Eric got one or two. Gohan also got 1 or 2. Finally Ratnik gained the ability to move, by this time Eric was looking rather close to falling under, and Ratnik was slowing down before he even started. The Sawagen must have started tiring to, because they were missing us a lot, maybe it was the quickness of Eric and Ratnik that saved them trough most of it. They got a few more kills. Gohan took out most of them. On the other hand the Sawagen I was fighting and I must have been put under a spell to not be able to hit each other, because we just kept swinging at each other for about a minute and a half without hitting each other. This whole time my dust devil was slowly taking out one of the priests, the other priest hit us with a magic missile. The leader sat there with his weapon above his head, pumping his arms up and down above his head and cheered.
Out of nowhere I saw Eric fall. His two Sawagen left attacked him another time when he was down, but missed. I laughed at their pathetic attempts. That was a bad move, because just at that moment one of the Sawagens I was fighting hit me across the head and the other hit me in the leg, one was probably the strongest I was ever hit by a Sawagen and the other one was a pretty good hit too. It was a bad move on there part because I killed one of them with the next swing of my hammer. Gohan and Ratnik also took one of theirs out at the same time. Then I saw Ratnik get hit and fall to the ground as I yelled for Ratnik I got hit again. I was getting worried that I might not be able to hold on for much longer, than it would be up to Gohan. In a last struggle to not fall I swung my hammer with all my might and took out another one. Gohan and I each had one left. He finished off his and ran to take care of the priest that my dust devil wasnít surrounding. I finished mine off and the dust devil killed the priest. Gohan had left a healing potion for me so I gave that one to Ratnik, and then gave Ratnik one of my healing potions to give to Eric. Then I drank a healing potion myself. I told my dust devil to help Gohan. The big leader guy was still cheering. Iím not sure why he only had 1 priest left and no fighters. I then took out my swing and after Eric was healed he took out his bow. I shot the leader and got two good hits on him. He then charged me and I got out my hammer. I hit him with my hammer before he got a chance to hit me, but I didnít get a good hit on him. Eric then shot and missed both of us by a lot with his bow. I think he was afraid to hit me. I then see that Gohan and my dust devil killed the priest and I instructed my dust devil to come help us. Gohan did the same. The next round I didnít get a piece of that Sawagen, but Eric, Gohan, and Ratnik all did. After killing them I used all of my healing spells and we collected the treasure in the room. They had another of those aquatic elf statues. We then headed back to the second floor and talked to Trelam. He told us what the statues were made of and what color they represented. We tried them in the color room, but nothing happened. We needed the fourth one and we knew where it was, but not how to get to it. All Trelam would tell us is that the combination had to do with the architecture of the building. That didnít help us. We also guessed and Trelam confirmed that the clue was on the first floor. After much searching and much time wasted and outside force had to point out the architecture and we then figured out the combination.
When we put the combination in order we found a magical battle axe and the last statue. We took all four statues up to the fourth floor and put them in the right colored rooms on the pedestals. The statues melted into them and out in the room connecting the colored rooms a new door appeared. We went through it and we all screamed for joy. We found the treasure. As soon as we grabbed the treasure we found ourselves all back in Goldenthull. We then identified our magic and sold our stuff. We had many gems and quite a few art objects. We made about 9000 Gold each and Eric got a +4 long sword and a +1 short sword and Ratnik got a +1 long sword. Overall it was a good adventure. We got a lot of treasure. I made a new friend and spent time with an old friend. I just donít understand why I always have to hang out with those filthy elves. Ok these two arenít that filthy.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Chris!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's world is this? It sounds like a fun world. What I wouldn't give for a +4 long sword.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my world again. It was played about a week ago with Chris and our friends Aaron and Erik.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio I hope I didn't give away to much of the dungeon. I was trying to keep the answers to the puzzles secret so that other people could have fun with the dungeon.
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: