Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greatings everyone...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent O

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Greatings everyone... Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello...I've been gone a long time. Sol has been on a long mission/retreat...but maybe he's ready to come back out one of the last times during thanksgiving....just maybe...depends on the quality of adventure of course! I'd like to hear whats gone on in a nutshell...I hear gary almost came back...thats no good! Anyway..maybe the group can give it one last hurrah with the group during thanksgiving. As of now I might be leaving in Jan. for a job in Alabama..still need to get it though. We'll see what happens, but it will be great to see everyone again.

Take care everyone!
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to spell "Greetings" correctly Brent, geesh.

But seriously, me and Brent were talking on MSN last night, and decided that a game would be super mega awesome...hah...and Brent I'll update you anytime you want. But super quick, The Guild kicks but and yea that's all that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: greetings* Reply with quote

ha! my bad...way to spell 'butt' btw serg Laughing I was looking at some previous posts...serg you said you found a group that plays...I never did find one. Interesting thought on transporting a player from Tenne to another world, but keep a few things in mind: A> Players like Urza, Lytle, Fort., Sol and Coon are great Tenne, when something goes so terribly wrong the King calls on the heros of Pleasantville, not even those within his own court. Is that because we are expendable, to a degree, yes, but along with members of older generations (Sven, Rolle, Tiptin, and Jerry's guys {forgot the names}) we are the only players that can complish what needs to be done when things go real bad. The problem is in other worlds Urza and Lytle are average, sometimes below average players...many worlds have guys that are in the teen's for levels and magic up to their ears (still some debate as to how much Dave and Jerry really have!) It would be fun to have our guys be in another world and still have the same power abilities. However, personaly, Sol is meant to be played only in Tenne, he's a fixture there...as much as an odd ball as he is there, he does in a sense belong there because of the relationship he has with his fellow clansmen and that of the actual guys sitting around the table, just not the same anywhere else. Sol will always be willing to come out of retirement if other members of his close friends are willing to, other than that it will be on a very limited basis. If a young group would like a leader, he would definatly consider a one time hiatus type of thing. Little insight to Sol....for a long time wanted to be the leader of the group...eventually found his place in teh group...he's a role player that makes teh group better, and he's accepted that and looks to Urza for leadership during the games...Urza may not be the most 'powerful' but he's no doubt our leader...just how our group shakes out. that said...Sol does like to lead at times...hence willingness to take out a younger group. Anyway...I'm bored on a monday afternoon and I've rambled on long enough....I'm gonna try and stay active here...so lets tell some stories.....lets hear it....everyone's favorite adventure all time!!! Hope to get some feedback here!
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me first! (I've underline key points for quick reading Smile)

But right off the bat, I was never even thinking of moving characters to new worlds, that's no fun, and against the rules. And I've only played once with them, and I don't think I'll play anymore really. LOL. You should of heard Enrico after he read about that Brent. "Sergio!, girls don't go for DND, ok?!...ok?!?"

Anyway, one of my best times is when I found that village of half elves in danger. It rocked rescuing them from those ettins. There was like 5 of us in the group, but I only remember me and Lucky. We rocked those Ettins worlds. Acutally it was that game that Jake and Brad kept smoking, and not helping and then fighting, so I had to cast hold person and silence to stop it. It was cool being the best player in the group. I think that was one of the first games I played after going dual class.

Also, I slightly know how awesome it feels to accomplish something huge like our Guild. The guild hall Mike mostly designed and had built is just awesome, I think. It isn't building a city, or having a church, or castle, but we're pretty proud.

But every single game I've played has some sort of story. I mean gosh, Brent, remember that game with Jay? I think you were there anyway. Jerry games were awesome too. Any game with someone just WAY more powerful than you rocks. Like Jake D. doing over 100 damage in one shot. wow. Saving Meeko, long story, it's in the game reviews. But like Brent, that was just me rambling. I'll think of some more probably and post those. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: