Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Into Acerima

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Into Acerima Reply with quote

*Game played on July 5th. I'm still making some grammatical corrections which I'll update later. Also, I probably spelled every city incorrectly.

Into Acerima
A synopsis through the eyes of Cooncarin Trunks

It had been over two months since the adventure bug had bit me, but now it did, and it bit hard. Unfortunately many of my regular adventure buddies were busy or out of Givemea. But thankfully, my two most loyal guild-mates were around and ready to go. Lucky Luck of course was there, and as I always say, eager to get away from his wife. (In other news, she was surprisingly non-active during our trip and I can't remember a single time she bothered us on the ever annoying two-way wife amulet.) Zomb was also up for a trip and is always a welcome adventurer. Now all we had to do was determine where to go. At first we thought about going to Hellman's keep again, but decided against fighting hundreds of lizardmen. We considered going to the Hut's to finally destroy the evil lich which abides there, but a feeling told us now was not the time. A last minute suggestion, by Lucky, was to go to Acerima to travel to the center of Big Peak Mountain Range. It was mutual agreement to bring Stir along, since a fourth member would be a substantial benefit, even at his low experience.

The quickest way to get there would of course be to teleport to Bont, and even though it meant less fighting along the way we knew that as we got older our adventures have been getting shorter. So, teleportation it was. We left our horses behind and everyone successfully made it to Bont. We didn't stay long; only long enough to check the magic shops for new gear, and then left. We crossed the border into Acerima without any problems and made it to Nancur in now time. There was nothing of interest here, so after staying the night we moved on. The quickest path to the mountain range was through the capital, so we took the trail to the town of Tryal first. Once again, nothing good here, so we stayed the night and left in the morning.

During our first day travel we met what appeared to be some merchants. They had guards approach us as most merchants do, and we asked what they had for sale. The guards then made a comment about how they didn't sell things, they stole things. All of them pulled swords out and attacked. It wasn't until then that I noticed all of them were wearing plate mail (an expensive armor for merchant guards) and were using decent weapons. It was three on six (unless you count Stir, which I don't) but none of us were scared. I killed one man pretty quick and so did the others. Lucky was on his third by the time I started my second, and it was then these thieves figured they had no chance and made a run for it. Since we had bought cheap horses in Bont we couldn't keep up with their war horses. Lucky pulled out the magic broom and gave chase, as did Zomb on his horse. I stayed back to heal Stir who had failed to kill anyone and practically died in the process. This is why I demand he practice with a sword more and read books less! Minutes later Lucky and Zomb returned with the dead thieves and their horses/gold. The fight was actually a very good thing since we each upgraded to war horses and got a cart in the process.

We stayed the night under the protection of my massmorph spell, and the next morning made our way towards the capital again. That evening we were attacked by Ankegs, which are greedy ground creatures that explode out of the ground to eat horses. Since we now had 10 horses though, we let them eat their fill and move on. The next morning we made it to the capital city of Kariema. We spent more time in the beautifully annoying city then I ever wish to do again, and had the unfortunate experience of meeting Acerima's king. Our entrance began as such, two days earlier after killing the thieves Lucky used a speak with dead spell to find the location of these horrible thieve's lair. We were told it was in the capital behind the guise of a livery. As soon as we made it to Kariema we found this lair and using my wizard's eye spell even got a peak inside. Before doing anything rash we scheduled a meeting with the king to ask permission to wipe these thieves away from his city. The guard refused to let us meet him immediately, despite our claim of being dignitaries and diplomats from Givemea. Our meeting was in three days. We continued to spy on these thieves until our meeting. I asked two guards on the way to the throne room what the king's name was so that I may address him properly, but all they said was, “Why?” So, upon entering the throne room we introduced ourselves and said “Greetings, King....” as if to say; what is your name? But he took offense to this and made claims that in Acerima very few knew his name and that we didn't need to. We were confused but told him about the thieves we discovered and his response was that he wasn't surprised. He knew of these thieves and many others. He tolerated them in fact. Now we were even more confused as King Dor would never be so forgiving. We offered to wipe out this band for him but he refused. When we began to ponder why, he got upset. He even made bold claims that he had spies watching us and that if we made any attempt to do justice in his city he'd know about it. Our final plea was that these thieves were killing people outside city walls for their gold but he didn't seem to care for his lands at all, only for his greed, at least that is how I saw him. A pompous fool.

We left the castle determined to catch one of the spies and act defensively so that the king could not get upset. We set up a trap where I was invisible and the Luck and Zomb would walk into an alley and I would catch any person who followed them. All that followed was a cat though so I picked the cat up and shook him. He seemed normal so I dropped him and he ran forward to Zomb. Zomb kicked the cat in anger and we left. It was then we heard moans behind us and realized the cat had turned into a man. We tied him up and questioned him back at the hotel where he made outrageous claims of being the king's spy. (We of course believed him but decided to use this opportunity to show the king we were more than just show and to mock him at his stupidity.) So we brought the spy back to the castle and said we had a spy claiming to work for the king there. An aid of the king's came to speak to us, named Sagent, and confirmed he was a spy for the king. We told Sagent he had better stop sending spies because we would be leaving the city and in the wild we wouldn't have time to ask questions.

The next morning we left towards the mountains. No more than six hours into our journey a pride of lions attacked us. Lions typically aren't a threat so we took them head on. Everything was going fine and the lions were dying quickly when one of the mongrels made a lucky bite and ripped my left leg off. I cursed as I fell down and left the battle to my teammates. Soon the lions were dead but even with the help of my ring of regeneration my leg would take days to heal. So we went back to Kariema to rest. The king sent a messenger to speak to us, for he had heard about my leg injury, at which I was very upset. Lucky and Zomb went to speak to him despite my fierce arguments against doing so. They were back soon, and from their tellings not much happened.

A week later I had a new leg and we were off again. I had no idea how wild these mountainous lands of Acerima could be, for in the two or three days we were out of the city heading south we saw more foul creatures than I dare to remember. Each encounter was during the night so we had the protection of my massmorph spell and I fear without it we would have had to endure some very difficult fights. The first night hippogryphs flew over who we ignored because there appeared to be quite a few. The next night, one or two rocs flew over, which we knew never to attack because of their immense size. On the third day of walking into the mountains we saw a group of maybe 20 giant wasps. Lucky and I had fought these before and we knew fire would help immensely in this battle. I shot off a fire ball but only killed 7 or 8 wasps. Zomb used our fire missiles amulet to kill more, but only killed 5. So, I had to resort to using my rod of lightning which killed 6 more. The remaining two flew off scared. This is good because giant wasps have a permanent paralysis poison which I'd rather not deal with.

At this point, we were beat. We had seen enough of Acerima for a while and forces that I cannot describe were bidding us back home. We made it to Bont alright and ported home. We all spent more gold than we gained but the experience was nice. I'd like to finish by saying next time I'm in Acerima I'll act first and just never ask the king for permission.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The king sounds like a jerk.
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oswald says that Oswald has his own adventure that will be written here tonight.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Oswald speak in the third person? Or does he just think highly of himself...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio wrote:
Does Oswald speak in the third person? Or does he just think highly of himself...

Oswald says he has been talking to Jim Darkmagic to much.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: