Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's The King?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Where's The King? Reply with quote

The day started out as any other I was sitting in the Church praying. This had been my life. It was decided before I was born that I must become a priestess. My parents were also told that they must name me Chrissy K III. They were confused about this, but decided they must follow it. While growing up I have had visions. They were visions of seeing two humans die. As each one died I heard someone from their party shout, “no Chrissy K,” and, “no Chrissy K II.” So I believe this is why I am called the third. But being that I am a dwarf I thought it was weird that they were humans and that I did not recognize where they were from. Anyway I was sitting in the Church praying. When a guard runs in and demands that I come to the Castle immediately. It kind of confused me that he came for me, because I have had nothing to do with the government and there are many clerics here who are much more experienced than I.
I reported to the castle at once. There I met some familiar faces. I saw Ratnik and Altas. Ratnik had once brought Altas into the church when Altas had been hurt on an adventure. I had quickly healed him and we all became good friends and started adventuring together. Altas was a mage. While Ratnik was a thief, though I trust that he will not steal from me. We were all brought to the war room. I caught a glimpse of Prince William on our way through the castle. Prince William is the King’s eleven year old son. When we got to the war room we met two people the first being the King’s advisor named Gringloch. The other was named Gohan. Gohan appeared to be a pretty experienced fighter, but I was not sure how experienced. Something confused me though, the King was not there. I was disappointed, I had hoped to meat the King.
I asked Gringloch why we were called here today. Gringloch stated, “I have some very depressing news, the King has been captured. We were in a war meeting when he just vanished in front of everybody. We know that this would take some very powerful magic to just make someone vanish like that. We used some find person spells. First they pointed that he might be being kept in the dungeon called Falcon’s Watch. We had some people check it out, but nothing was found. New findings have come to believe that he may be up in the mountains stuck in a cave. There are also rumors of a black dragon up in the mountains. We need you four, Chrissy K III, Ratnik, Altas, and Gohan to check it out and try to bring him back safely. We are not exactly sure where the cave is, but people from Burn Heart Bay should be able to give you some directions.”
I ask why he can not just send some of their troops to the cave. He states that if they do too much activity that word can get out that the King has gone missing. This leaves his son, Prince William, in charge of the country. While we are in the midst of war with Bramson, this is not something we would like to let get out. Though uncertain that we will be able to kill a dragon, I hope that maybe we can get the King while the dragon is gone. We decide to take the quest. I ask Bramson for one last request. I tell him that we will need to be haste in our journey. It will be much faster for us to fairie across Carol Lake to Rill, then for us to travel around the Lake on horse back. But if we do that we will need horses on the opposite side of the lake. Would you be able to get us some horses in Rill since we are doing this for the King? He says that he will be able to get them to borrow us horses, but if they die on our journey we shall have to pay for the horses. So we take off across the lake to Rill. Once we get to Rill we of course go check out the magic shop for any interesting magic. They actually have some magic in to my surprise. It was a cloak of elven kind. It makes the user look invisible, blending in with its background. The shopkeeper tells us it will cost 7,500 gold pieces. Since the most any of us three new explorers have is 300 gold pieces, we give Gohan the option to buy it, I am not sure whether he got it or not. We stay the night in the Inn. We then made our way to Burn Heart Bay on the horse that Rill lent us.
We were riding down the path when we noticed some orcs off in the distance. There looked to be a little under twenty of them. It seemed like a pretty big number, but Gohan told us we could take them, I was still not sure exactly how experienced he was. I told everyone to hop off the path and we hid behind the trees along the path. I then told Gohan to take the leader, and after he had killed the leader he would help us. I than told Ratnik to sneak behind them so that he could get some backstabs in. Altas decided he would cast web on them. This gave me a brilliant idea I would use my clerical abilities to cast Flame Sword. We jumped out of the trees and surprised them. Altas caught all of them except the leader in his web. Gohan easily killed the leader. Ratnik than backstabbed and killed another. I then hit one with my Flame Sword and killed another. The web started on fire when my sword hit it. Both Ratnik and I missed the orcs our next turns around. Although, Altas got off a magic missile spell, and he killed one before the rest of the web burnt up killing the rest of them. In all there were only nine orcs, I am not sure how we miscalculated how many there were by that much. We headed down the path again. Then we saw a black dragon fly over head. We were getting ready to fight, but it just kept going and left us alone. So we headed on to Burn Heart Bay. The trip took about a day and a half. We stayed there for a day. Got information on where there were a few caves and where the cave we were looking for would probably be. I bought a fishing pole and some bait and took the day off. I didn’t catch anything and the magic shop had nothing of interest. The magic shop also had no mood rings for me to buy. Though they showed interest in the idea and will work on making one.
The next morning we headed back towards the mountains. About half way through the mountains we found a goat path that we were told to take to find the cave. After half a day of travel we came to a cave. I cast detect evil toward the cave, and I found some evil pretty deep inside the cave. I could just sense it. I told my party of my findings and we were trying to decide what to do next. Suddenly the evil came flying toward us super fast. The black dragon flew right past us and totally ignored us and just kept flying. So we headed inside the cave hoping to get the King out before the dragon came back. For precautions I cast Wyvern Watch at the entrance to the cave. Gohan stood guard behind the spell for precaution as we went inside to investigate. All we found in the cave though were some bones and other non helpful garbage. But in the middle of an opening, a table stood with a fortune ball on it. Inside the fortune ball the three of us saw a guy in robes, but we knew he was not the King. When we asked where the King was, he replied that it didn’t matter. That we all were as good as dead and that Blacky was coming. He just kept saying Blacky was coming. Gohan than shouted that the dragon was coming back. We got out there and I immediately started casting spiritual hammer. Blacky then became paralyzed by my Wyvern guard for a round or two. Gohan and Ratnik got a few hits in on the dragon. It finally fought through the paralysis though and spit some of its acid breath at us. It hurt us a little, but this dragon was only a juvenile. Finally, Altas and I had gotten our spells ready. Altas hit the dragon with his magic missiles, and I finished him off with my spiritual hammer. We defeated the dragon. I healed myself and used cure light wounds on one other person. We all took some souvenirs from the dragon while I took some scales to put on my shield. We made it back to Burn Heart Bay at about night time. We stayed two nights so we could fully heal up from the battle. Still no magic. But because we killed the Dragon we all got fishing lessons. That day I caught a four inch fish. Pretty disappointing. The most anybody could tell us about the fortune ball was that it was a two way communicating device. We then headed back to Rill. We ran into some merchants on the way. They gave me crap for being a woman. They also did not believe that we had killed the dragon. One of the guards stated that they had seen the dragon flying as far south as Bisque. We knew that was about as far south as the dungeon Falcon’s Watch. I also bought some expensive, amazing, and golden spices from one of the merchants. Once reaching Rill we gave the horses back. Again the magic shop in Rill had magic, it was pretty exciting. They had something called Merlind’s spoon. It would make a sloppy meal for someone when put in a bowl. The slop would be enough for one person’s daily nutritional needs. It would only make one meal a day for one person. Also the slop would taste like wet cardboard. Since only Gohan had enough to buy it, costing about 700 gold pieces, he purchased it. He then stated that if any of us got enough gold we could buy it from him later. We then got back to Goldenthull. Once reaching the capital city we went straight to the castle. Had a little trouble with the guard, who I guess didn’t know the King had disappeared, but got a meeting with the Kings advisor. We decided that the guy in the fortune ball must be in Falcon’s Watch. So we set out for Falcon’s Watch.
So we headed to Mallé, again no magic. In the morning we headed south and then east on the path that crosses over the river. We killed a few more orcs on the way. Another pretty easy kill. We spent the night a little way off the river and lake, but still within our site. I cast Wyvern watch, which would last eight hours. We still kept shifts. During the middle of the night on Ratnik’s shift, he saw a giant snake monster come out of the river. He woke us up. We got a few long range shots off, but the snake somehow did not get paralyzed by my Wyvern guard. I backed up and kept using my slingshot. Altas cast magic missile and the other two went to fight. We took it down rather quickly. We moved away a little bit and the rest of the night was peaceful. We then headed out for the dungeon. We made it. The river water was actually running into the entrance of the dungeon. We headed down and the water stopped a short way in. We didn’t find too much in the dungeon. The first room had a prison cell with a skeleton with a rusty sword stuck in it. Before I could stop Ratnik, he pulled the sword out and the skeleton came to life. So I held my hand up and the skeleton went “poof.” Also in this room was a chest where we found a tiny treasure. Another interesting room contained a floor made of gold and one wall was a huge mirror. I had Gohan chip some gold out of the floor, but as soon as he got one little chunk out the floor and the mirror wall turned into a regular wall and floor. In another room we found a purple spinning vortex, we through a rock in there it spun for a little bit, moved to the middle of the vortex and vanished. We would save the vortex until we checked out the rest of the dungeon. Then we found a secret door. Inside we found a nice treasure. We took it and explored the rest of the dungeon. The rest of the dungeon just contained old elf things, showing that this used to be an old elf war place. It also said that they had a tower nearby but we had not seen one when we came. We searched the whole dungeon except the purple vortex, and I had some feeling that we missed some hidden doors. Oh well, so we all walked into the purple vortex, Ratnik went first. We found the wizard on the other end of the transporting vortex. Ratnik found him staring out a window casting a spell. Ratnik charged at the wizard, so he started casting a spell at Ratnik. As I got through I remembered we forgot to heal Ratnik from a previous battle and he was pretty wounded. I had to distract the wizard from his spell. I didn’t get there in time and he shot off magic missiles, but I think it was aimed at Gohan so we were all still fine. Gohan and I got a chance to shoot him with our long range weapons while he started to cast another spell. Altas started to cast magic missiles. I hit him with my slingshot and disrupted his spell. He then started to levitate. Gohan and I both hit him once again. I caused some minor bleeding with my critical hit to his right leg. He then dropped something that burst into smoke making it hard for us to find him. And he started to cast another spell. This time both Gohan and I missed, but Altas’s magic missiles were ready. They hit and killed the mage. We didn’t find anything on him, but in the room was another fortune ball. We then searched the room and all we found were two cabinets. One contained the King’s body torn apart at each limb. We shoved it in a bag to return to the city so they could revive him. In the other cabinet we found a gold apple. This reminded us of the guy head in a dining room that was made entirely of gold. We searched the rest of the room and noticed we were high up in the air. And that the room was by itself and invisible from the outside. We went back through the vortex. We went to the guy’s face that was made of gold, and we placed the golden apple in his mouth. The apple disappeared and a feast appeared on the table. We ate it and it healed everybody that was hurt. We then made our way back to town. I think we made it back to town with only seeing a few birds that were too high up for us to shoot. No more magic was found. We brought the King back to his advisor, but he stated that they were not allowed to bring him back to life stating that it is a law that once a King is dead he stays dead. The next day it was announced to the city that there was a new King, King William. It was also announced that some adventurers went after the King but got there to late and were only able to return with his body. Each of us were awarded 500 gold pieces for helping out with the situation. King William was first going to give us each 86,000,000,000 gold pieces, but the advisor said all they could give was 500. And that they would have to teach the new King about money and other ruling procedures. We each made 2,685 gold pieces on the adventure. And we gained some much needed experience. We are also all now lords of the city.
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio if you can you should post a copy of the map, so it can be followed.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure will. Seriously, that synopsis is a very accurate tale of the game. I like the part where there ended up being only 9 orcs when the original count looked like 20. That was me giving an estimate before actually rolling so yea....but anyway it seemed like the guys enjoyd it for their first time and they want to play again sometime Chris. Drew wants some better spells than magic missles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had that acid arrow spell which is pretty good. He just never used it. Yeah I would be willing to play again sometime. I wasn't sure if Andrew enjoyed it, he was a lot quieter. I thought Aaron definitely enjoyed it though. I liked the extra spells clerics got in this edition. Like a flame sword. How cool would that to be to actually pull out a flame sword.
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a flaming sword. Sorry Slayer, but swords on fire are just awesome.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it is a sword made from fire, that I created, with the help of the gods, out of thin air. Not thick air but thin. So there was less oxygen, making it harder to generate fire.
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is basically a light saber but with less burning and more catching on firing?
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to look at it that way, kinda. Although it isn't as powerful. It only does 2-8 damage. There might be like a plus 1 in there too, not sure exactly though.
Michael S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good game...maybe us non U of M kids could play in that world sometime...
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio will be the DM this weekend.
The master of all!
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I'd love to but all my "other world" stuff is at school. I only brought home my dice.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so no D&D game then weekend then.
Crying or Very sad
The master of all!
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesn't look like I could play on Friday anyway. Nobody seems willing to change. Saturday night is open still though....so I think Tenne should be an option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday or Saturday works for me....if Saturday, start a little earlier, end a little earlier??? Just a thought
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that'd be cool. If the game has to be Friday that's ok. (I won't complain to much if I can't play)

Anyway, I'm buying a 360 here soon so I"ll just play Guitar Hero all night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: