Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to The Keep of Hellman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Return to The Keep of Hellman Reply with quote

(Game played on the 12th of January. There are a lot of references to the game played before this one, which you can read about in the prior synopsis. Also the reference to Kid acting differently is because Brad S. was controlling him that night)

Return to The Keep of Hellman
A synopsis written through the eyes of Cooncarin Trunks

The last adventure I had been on wasn’t a particularily successful one. I had gone into Minta with some friends to conquer a dungeon I had never been to. But, hundreds of lizardmen stopped us in our path. We killed as many as we could but were eventually turned away. We made a promise that day; a promise I intended to, and still intend to, keep. We would return to “The Keep of Hellman” and master it once and for all.

It was only a month later that I was given the chance. Lucky and I had been feeling the itch for adventure everyday of those weeks and couldn’t wait for a chance to go back to Minta. Zomb felt the same way and I believe he would follow us into Hell itself, but we needed more manpower. Oswald was an obvious choice for where he lacked in experience he gained in pure willingness to do whatever was told of him. Unless of course there was the slightest chance of death, in which case he hid in the corner. Oswald lives in Pleasantville though managing the guild hall there. So we sent a messenger to have him meet us in Minta. We figured he'd find his way. Knowing that even four adventurers wouldn’t be enough we called upon an experienced warrior that had been around for quite some time; Kid Kickbut. After getting him to join the guild and accept the mission at hand I noticed he seemed a little different. Almost as if somebody else was controlling him. But naturally it was just a suspicion and it was probably just a mood change.

We knew time was of the essence so we left the very next morning. We would take the same route as we had the first time. Norheast into Minta and then straight north to the dungeon. After passing Hanuda our first trial tested us. A group of trolls attacked in broad daylight moving in from from the side and behind us. We had a couple options. We could run and ignore them, or fight. We almost always leave these decisions up to Lucky, our most experienced fighter, and he chose to fight. I pleaded with him to let me cast a fireball spell to weaken them up and maybe even killing them. Also I know that fire was the only thing that could stop their regeneration abilities. But Lucky refused saying he didn’t want me to have all the fun. So we attacked head on. The battle quickly turned against us. The trolls were to many (10 of them) to kill quick enough before they began to regenerate. Soon Lucky was unconscious and then was killed. We had knocked a few down but it wouldn’t last long. Zomb made a run for it knowing he wouldn’t last much longer. Kid was holding on but barely, with three still attacking him. I had managed to knock down two but knew that wasn’t enough. If I didn’t take action we’d all be dead. I levitated into the air and used my lightning rod on the two closest to me and Zomb. Next, in a sacrificial but necessary move I zapped the last three, unfortunately killing Kid as well. Zomb and I gathered the bodies. We went back to Hanuda where we got everybody revived. It was a disappointing night. We had wasted gold and time fighting the devilish trolls.

After a couple more days we made it back to the border between Givemea and Minta. Once again we took the same path as last time.After reaching Pern we headed north but this time avoided the small village that had caused us trouble last time. In not much time at all we were back at the two doors up in the cliff side. We went into the West door this time and quickly evaluated our situation. There were still literally dozens of doors we hadn’t investigated and decided to do this now. Most of them were boring and not worth mentioning. Offices and barracks are essentially all we found. A couple had lizardmen in them whom we quickly killed. I took some of their papers for notes. We searched upstairs for a while longer until we were attacked from both sides by lizardmen. Zomb and I handled the ones coming from the west while Lucky and Kid handled the ones coming from the east. It wasn't a difficult battle but we were quite surpised when the final beasts attacked. They were normal lizardmen except they were wearing leather armor, which in itself isn't entirely odd but after hitting them once they'd explod. Suicide lizardmen. but even suicide bombers didn't stop us. After the fight we found one more humanoid struggling to get to us. It was Oswald. He had made it to the dungeon alive but was very hurt. Apparently various beasts had attacked him. I never asked specifics, but I'm sure he could tell you more about it.

Next I sent a wizard eye spell downstairs to look at what we would fine. Fortunatly there weren’t any lizardmen to be found, like last time. After using the eye to get a good estimate of how big the place was we headed down ourselves. In a very large room there was a thrown, two hallways heading north and south, and about 8 doors. We ignored the doors and first sent the wizard eye up the north hallway. After going around a corner though, through the eye, there was a bright flash and the eye was gone. We decided to save this area for last. The big room had nothing of interest in it, so the hallway to the south was our next path. We found multiple rooms, a kitchen, a stage area, and then a smaller room with human prisoners. We freed them and gave them food but explained we had to leave them there for now while we explored more. They were scared but really had no options. During this part of the search we also fought with some skeletons but the proved to be no problem. The next room we went into had a pool in it. While searching the room Oswald was attacked and almost grabbed by a Water Weird. This creature blended into the water perfectly and almost pulled Oswald in. I tried attacking back with a spell but nothing seemed to happen. Lastly in this south hallway we found a room with a secret door in it. After going through, we found another empty room but with a secret door in it as well. After going through this we found a chapel. It looked like it hadn’t been used in a long time, but luckily we found one more secret door. We eventually got through that one only to find a room full of trash. There wasn’t any treasure at all.

Giving up on the south hallway we began to go through the north one. I animated one of the dead humans and had it walk through the hallway to see what would happen. At the same turn that the wizard eye disappeared the corpse disappeared. So we decided to avoid this curve. There were doors both on the East and West sides of the hallway. First we went into the west doors because we detected magic on the east ones. We found a room with a secret door leading to a room with a bright ball floating in the middle. When Oswald tried touching it with his towel he was burnt. In this secret room we found another secret door leading to a room with a white floating ball with a surface similar looking to the moon. We assumed the first ball was then the sun. We had no idea what to do with these so just left them be for now.

Next was one of the east doors. Everyone else left the hall while I touched the handle. I figured it’d be a trap but wasn’t expecting something nearly as powerful as this. A huge explosion blasted me into the wall paralyzing me from the neck down. The others healed me up and my ring of regeneration fixed the paralyzation. We went into this room and found nothing. An empty room with no secret doors.

I don’t know what happened next. One second I was discussing the situation with Lucky, and the next we were by our horses. One more second and we were all in Givemea. Some very powerful force wanted us out of there. We weren’t even allowed to save the human prisoners. May Paladin bless them. I will avenge both those humans and myself by returning once again to The Keep of Hellman and kill any creature that may be inhabiting the place and cleanse it once and for all. Also, I’ll take any treasures it may have, although I’m beginning to doubt the place has anything of the sort.

Last edited by Sergio on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Oswald was so awesome that he had to show up right after the lizardmen fight. What was he doing on the way to the group? A story for another time.

Also why can't Oswald be somewhat neutral? The gods already let us to horrible, horrible things because they think it is funny.

"Want to go hit on the innkeepers wife? Sure, go ahead, it will be funny. But make sure he is out of the room this time ok?"
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, you are very right. I don't know how I forgot that part. But I did leave my notes about the game at home so I know I got some parts wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright, I think I will find a way to survive.

Also I need a new towel.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the part so Oswald comes later. And I added the part with suicide lizards as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, another beautiful day in Tenne. Oh how it fills me with hate. We only have one season here and we never have snow. What the heck? Ah another question for another time. While sitting in the guild polishing my sword collection my good friend Cooncarin asked for my assistance for taking Hellman's Keep in the name of the Zaitic guild. After spending days discussing this matter with Slashy and Stabby I returned to Cooncarin with my answer, but I had discovered he had left without me.

It was then that I knew the fate of the world had fallen on my shoulders. If Cooncarin never got my answer, he would never know if I wanted to go or not. So gathering my gear I made haste. After hiring a out of work map makers to guide me I was on my way.

The beginning of my journey was uneventful, with me losing one of the two guys I hired and proving to the other that the sword is actually mightier then the pen, Paladin bless him as he lies in peace.

After finally reaching the keep I decided to set up camp for the night to be ready the next day for whatever faced me. As I laid back I saw a grew, umbrella topped mushroom. With my belly grumbling and my mind all afluter I plucked this life stealing fruit and ate it whole.

It had sort of a juicy taste to it, something I was not to familiar with. Things started getting wierd after this part, so I will describe it as best I can.

As I watched my blue glowing flames a bear came out of the forest and started to speak Mintan. I waved at him and he waved back before hopping aboard an owl and flying away.

Then suddenly, Stabby appeared before me, floating in mid air. He bobbed up and down, just remaining there. Finally, he spoke.

"Hey there Oswald. How is it going?"

I was both shocked and flabbergasped at what I was seeing and could only ask, "Who are you?"

"I am your father Oswald! Now let's gooooooooooo!"

To my amazement again I was now a dagger and was flying at hundreds of kilometers per hour through the rainbow coloured sky over Givemea. A few green scalely birds kept bumping into me but I flew right past them. Suddenly a brick wall appeared and I slammed into it and everything returned to normal. When my senses came back to me I found myself at Hellman's keep, with Cooncarin standing over me.

And that is how Oswald caught up to the rest of the group. The end.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if you'd fill in that large blank about what Oswald was doing during that time.

An odd, but still somewhat possible story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never made a picture for this game. I couldn't find any good pictures of trolls or like a lizardman keep so I just improvised...also I put Oswald in the troll fight in the pic because there was an extra guy in the pic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio, you forgot kid kickbutt.
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I suck....ok, well there is clearly another person with aqua armor and shield near my character. That can be Kid. Either that or Oswald is kid.

I need to really pay better attention to these things before I make em.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay Serge, we still love you.
The master of all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: