Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Early End

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: An Early End Reply with quote

Game played on Saturday December 22nd, 2007. This synopsis was written quicker than usual, and I didn't include speaking parts, just summary.

An Early End
A Synopsis written through the eyes of Cooncarin Trunks

Lucky and I had just woken up to greet Zomb at the Guild Hall doors, when another surprise arrived. Oswald Iambadnd was running behind on a trip from Pleasantville. Oswald is currently in charge of our Pleasantville Guild Hall but I assumed he had come with the plans to another new guild hall we were hoping to build in Rodun. Oswald was in charge of drawing the plans. Unfortunately he had barely started though and had no good news. In fact, Iím not sure even to this day what he was doing in Givemea then.

We were all discussing past adventures when one more guest arrived. A messenger came to the hall door, very tired, begging for help. His hometown, Beate (but pronounced butt) was under constant attack by a crazed creature. Tirian, the messenger's name, described it as like a huge snake with a dozen legs and the head of an alligator. Lucky commented on how impressive it would be to kill a creature of such magnitude but we were all a little confused as to why the city would send a messenger across an entire country for help. Beate was in northern Acirema. We had been to Beate before on a trip to Atadís Domain. We had stopped for the night and aquired Ginger and Gwenyver (the guild cooks) there. Later, Lucky had married Ginger and on that very day had his first child, a daughter named Hermoine.

The messenger said we were well known for our travels and that he hoped that the distance would be worth the time. We agreed to go since there was a chance to rescue a city, earn some glory/gold, and if all else failed continue on to Atadís Domain. Lucky was also already getting sick of his newborn child and preferred to let Ginger handle it. Teleporting to Bont was of course the quickest way to go, but would limit our fighting and adventure. Plus it isnít exactly cheap to teleport, and nobody can argue itís completely safe. Of course, walking or riding wouldnít be very quick either. We finally agreed that the river would be the quickest and safest combination to go, plus it would give us a chance to use our newly found magical folding boat. Most of us had never been sailing before, but as a shipwright I knew more than most. Before preparing to leave I gathered one more friend for the trip, Sevik; another cleric. Lucky had also recently converted to clerical studies. I had hoped it would be to serve Paladin better, but I believe he was more curious about priest magic, and the power he could gain. But his intentions were good.

We packed up our equipment and filled our packs with food as soon as we could. Out at the docks I prepared the boat for travel. It wasnít particularly easy to get the boat to unfold perfectly in the water and not sink, but I quickly figured it out. We used the larger of the magical boat options so we would all fit comfortably. From Givemea we sailed to Editon and then walked to Lasic. We stayed the night in Lasic since it was getting late, and in the morning left for Onry. This was the great marvel of the folding boat. We simply gave it the code word and it folded into a small box so we could move it from river to river until we reached Bont. After arriving in Onry we stayed the night, and in the morning prepared the longer journey down the Loug River. With the current going the way we wanted we were able to reach speeds of about 40 mph. Each day flew by with little going on. We passed Ragned, and Indom without many problems. Some sea monsters did both us past Indom, but since we were in a hurry we merely got off the water and hid while they passed. Another note worth mentioning that saved us some trouble was my name spell, Massmorph. Every night that we werenít staying in a town I used my spell to disguise us as trees and shrubbery. So, the few creatures that did pass us just ignored the plants it saw.

We eventually got to Pafic, but since it was early in the day continued into Banning, and finally Arado. We made the short side trip to Banning because weíre always in search of magic and the extra hour or so was worth it. Of course, we found no new magic at any of the shops and left disappointed. From Arado we went down the Brisk River. It would just take over a day to reach Bont, so we went as fast as we could. During the first day of travel out of Bont we saw some winged horses, Pegasi, flying down to eat. We pulled over and Zomb and I went to speak with them. They werenít very trusting though so after a short conversation about ourselves we went on our way. That evening one of the pegasi came into our camp. I removed my massmorph spell and went to speak with him. We talked for a bit, but he also seemed unwilling to come with us for any amount of time, and we didnít want to get him in trouble with his leader, so after the evening he went off as well.

The next day we arrived in Bont, and a little while after crossing the border we were in Beate. The group went the the old Bed and Breakfast where Ginger and Gwenyver used to work, and after teasing the current owners went to speak with the town elders. We found out the creature attacking the city was called a Behir, and was just as the messenger (Tirian) described. The entire trip Sevik and I had been teasing Tirian and telling him how bad of a messenger he was. We now continued this teasing by telling the leaders that Tirian was a horrible messenger and should be whipped. We thought we had used enough sarcasm, but the elders didnít seem to understand the joke. Oswald had also been getting acquainted with Tirian, but truly wanted to be his friend. Sevik and I claimed we would never let such a horrible messenger be friends of the guild. (Once again, we were joking but we seemed unfunny to others.)

After learning as much as we could about the Behir we waited for it to come back. Eventually it attacked the city and we went into motion. I levitated into the air with my magical moccasins and the others shot arrows. I prepared a spell to use, a web spell to hold the fast beast still, but ended up having to cancel it. Sevik was caught by the creature and if I used web on it Sevik would be stuck to him even more so. I got my arrows out then, but the battle was half over at that point. I started to float down to attack but the Behir used its lightning breath weapon on me. It hurt but I laughed it off. I landed on the ground to use my sword but only got one shot in at the end of the fight. We decided to use our clerical abilities to speak to the dead thing and find out what information we could. He didnít have much to say though and we decided to follow the monsterís tracks back to its lair. I sent forth a magical wizard eye to scout the area first and when no danger was found we went in as well. It had stored some jewelry and gems but it wasnít enough to satisfy us, especially after such a long trip. So we continued on to Atadís Domain.

The exploration of the familiar dungeon has little for me to tell. The room where we had previously been granted wishes didnít seem to be working. We were able to get a ring for Zomb which granted him vision in the darkness so that was good. In the cavelike room we found a bunch of humanoids in robes chanting. Oswald quickly closed the door and I prepared a fireball spell. It didnít take long to prepare at all and Oswald opened the door and I let it go in. I noticed right away that most of the creatures inside were missing from before. After the explosion finished we went in to investigate. There were only three dead bodies, all of which were drow elves. We figured they were part of some sacrifice and the rest had left after seeing us. We didnít want to stay in the room long to investigate and continued on our way. After some more exploring we came to another familiar room. The specifics are lost to me because of what happened next. The room had two spiraling vortexes that in the past a dispel magic spell had removed. When Sevik cast this though he disappeared. I cast a locate object person spell to find Sevik, and then I blacked out.

The next thing I remember is being woken up outside of the dungeon and pulled out of a sack. Sevik and Oswald were also being woken up just like me. Apparently what had happened is something teleported us outside, knocked us out, and got us into these sacks and just left us there. Lucky and Zomb came outside hoping to escape this evil power and found us. We have no idea who did this but we plan to find out. We spoke to the leader of Beate and he offered us a small room to use for the guild, but since it was so small, we wouldnít own it, and it was so far away we passed on the offer. We tried to convince the elder that Tirian had promised us gold and land as a reward (Sevik and I disliked Tirian so much at this point, for no particular reason) but the leaders wouldnít buy it. After the travel back to Givemea (which seemed much, much quicker than the first trip) we sold our jewelry and gems for a modest amount of gold.

The trip was technically an overall success but we are always hoping for more. But until the next adventure we shall have to stay sufficed.

Last edited by Sergio on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my artistical summary of the game. (Of course I didn't draw it but who cares.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about, Oswald was about to rip that creature limb from limb......oh wait, ya, the extra limbs. Crud.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Michael S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice one part of the group missing
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the picture didn't have nearly enough guys in it. You're there Lucky, just to far away to see using arrows and what not.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice recovery Sergio. Lucky is there just like your imaginary wii, and your game where you chase penguins right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Game Synopsis Site All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: