Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DKP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we use a DKP system in the guild?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Maybe, needs more discussion first
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: DKP Reply with quote

Hah, Thomas Watson....anyway I like that message.

Anyway, I think the guild needs a better system to manage who gets what items we find...so next game we may implement a dkp system. (dkp stands for dragon kill point)

The way it works is like this. Every adventure a guild member goes on will grant that member a certain amount of points. Doing certain tasks like helping low levels adventure will grant points, completing a quest, killing something....will grant a number of points.

Then when we find items worthy enough to argue over, you auction it off with those points. That way nobody can complain over who gets what. Players who play more will be able to afford better things.

For those wondering this idea is widely used in WoW, but can also work for our purposes. I'm making this a poll to vote on if we should implement this or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was first used in everquest actually.

What is the gold piece to DKP conversion? Because I have the power of money.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be no gold piece to DKP. You can't just buy it, it's earned. Although that is an interesting concept to include.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, lets say we have nunchucks of awesomenessTM and I am a few DKP below getting it, won't my generous donation to the guild tell everyone "hey, this guy really is awesome, he should get the nunchucks?"

Nah, just giving ya a hard time. I dunno, the guild is starting to build up some magical weapons, but magical items that aren't weapons is what we are lacking. Also this can(and might possibly be abused) by us. By us I mean me. " +5 platemail for elves only eh? I DKP it and hold an auction for it, starting at 100,000 gp" I could also see some other problems with the leftover items just because someone doesn't have enough DKP "Dang it, I can't buy that +5 plate mail since I lack the DKP and no one else wants it, and I can't get it for free since that would be unfair"
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Mike L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is a Schrute buck"

Terrible idea. The player that could best benefit from the item should use it. Sergio, you should have learned that from us.
Sergio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would someone buy it if they couldn't use it? That'd be wasting their own DKP. I think it's a good idea. We wouldn't have the problem like when Mike wanted some good platemail we found but jake had no magic armor so we let him have it. But jake E. never plays so it's basically wasted.

Even though technically Jake. E. needed it more, we would benefit from Mike having it because at least he plays. Anyway, Lucky and Coon will discuss this and consider other members input. "Members" being the key word. Sorry Urza.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right....

Then again, my group is more powerful than any other group has ever been in 20 years by sharing and understanding and playing off of each other's strengths.
Brent O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: whammy... Reply with quote

oh wow...you just got SERVED!!!

Mike's right though, you need to do what's best for the group, not who has the most points, that lessens efficiency. Think of your group as a separate entity that you need to build up as well as possible, forget that you are an individual and instead work on making your group as powerful as possible in front of self. Basically, think communism...

"That is all." -- Dwight Schrute

Brent
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah, I value your opinions, and believe me I take them to heart. Yes your group is the most powerful, currently. But we have far fewer regular players then you guys did. Basically it's me and lucky. So you know who I'm looking out for? Me and lucky. Also, we can continue to "play off of eachother's strengths". I don't see why that would stop.

Anyway, doesn't matter. People can do things differently and still succeed. Muahahahaha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'mma larp you for this.
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live Action Role Play?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight wizarding

Speaking of, what is Jakob Duclo' doing tomorrow. is there a chance of a game in the mix?
I'm free this weekend...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: