Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News for my people of Pleasantville
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urza Van Burace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: News for my people of Pleasantville Reply with quote

A note from the mayor:

A public bath will be constructed in town starting next month. It will have a hat bath, a warm bath, a cold bath and an outdoor large bath. Entrance will be inexpensive and headed through the department of sanitation. I will personally pay admission for any person for the first month, entrance will be 10 cp. for a day pass. Clean citizens means healthy citizens and I wish this city to thrive.

Fortification news:
We have dug the second trench outside the city to prevent large siege engines from coming too close to our wall. Nicely done to all who have participated. Come to the keep for your stipends. A meal will be provided on saturday to commemorate our hard work courtesy of me.

Garrison:
Concerning the garrison, remember to pick up your arrows at the keep. Each man should have 40, no more, no less. We will also be having mounted recurve bow training starting next week. The bows are all at the keep as well. Training will be hard, but we can accomplish much with great diligence.

New projects:
And we have two new building project. We will be closing some city gates for protection. We will now only have 5 entrances to the city. Many gates mean easier ways to get in. Masons report to the keep and we'll get started, and yes, you will be paid, and receive free bread each day as an incentive.

We will also be building a smaller wall, 100 feet from our sturdy wall to prevent mass armies from getting too close to the wall, but within archer range. More information to follow in next report.

We are still looking for literate men to help our Sage record histories and transcript manuscripts and scrolls in conjunction with Sol and Hewill. These are permanent paid positions and we need 4 people. Apply at the Great Hall in the keep.
Sergio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Preparing for an attack or something? jk.

In light of this news, Cooncarin would like to take a weekend trip to Givemea and vacation in this new bath house once completed. Sounds relaxing.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay, Mr. Mayor, I think we need to sit down for an hour next time you are here for a visit and estimate how much you are taking in to pay for all this stuff you are doing.

King Dor
The master of all!
Michael S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know ive been thinking...it would be really cool to build a guild hall in pleasantville and get like a mirror type thing that u can walk through to teleport to each hall...i know we would never get this mirror...but it still would be cool
Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think that would be awesome. We should start working towards this goal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your guild is granted charter upon paying dues to the city.

- Mayor Urza
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Oswald has just sent a letter to the mail stating he has just discovered that if you put water on top of fire it will go out, and we can even use dirty water and it will be just as fine as clean water.

What do you say Urza Van Burace?
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oswald is not the brightest gem on the ring.
The master of all!
Urza Van Burace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure who you sent this to, a "mail." You cannot send letters to armor, that makes little sense......as does your rhetoric.

But sometimes, putting water on fire makes the fire more intense. I'm working on that now with my sage...
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greek fire?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A teleporting mirror?
Sounds like something to go out on a quest for, don't you think.
Unfortunately, you would need two of them, honed in to each other to work well.
The master of all!
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two mirrors eh? I suppose that makes sense. Can a high level magic user cast a teleport spell onto an item, and just make such a device? Or is teleport a very high level spell? I don't have my books with me so I can't look it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Benjiman Franklin was the first man to put this to use and make a fire station. It the in the 18 hundreds, possibly thousands of years after people started to walk the earth. If you ask me it is kind of scary to think that we used fire but had no way of putting it out.

I also came up with something called the postal service, where a rider will travel from town to town with something called letters addressed to certain people. It can start off just in town and maybe when it catches on we can send some letters to nearby towns.

Oh, and a while back you mentioned cutting down trees from the black forest? I personally say no to this because deep in the heart of the forest there are bound to be creatures far more powerful then any of us could imagine. Best not to touch it. Any man to be working on cutting the woods is also going to be scared out of his mind so you might have to do it yourself.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Sergio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in the black forest many times. Nothing out of the ordinary from what I've seen.

As for the
Quote:
thousands of years after people started to walk the earth. If you ask me it is kind of scary to think that we used fire but had no way of putting it out.
Just because we didn't have fire stations doesn't mean we didn't know water put out fire.

In my history course we learned that early man may have actually learned how to stop fire before making it. Like, lightning hit a tree, started a fire. Man put it out to save himself, then tried to learn how to make it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio wrote:
Been in the black forest many times. Nothing out of the ordinary from what I've seen.

Alright next adventure you older guys, no using any trails in the forest. Buy three weeks of food and explore it for two full weeks and come back out without anything strange happening to you and tell me this. No staying at the edges of the forest. AKA, go through the parts you have never been. I bet somewhere in the world there is a creature that makes the strongest monster you have fought seem like nothing. I am assuming this since it is possible to get up to level 20 and only one guy has reached level 10.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: