Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The DaVinci Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: The DaVinci Code Reply with quote

Saw it, liked it, give it a B. Seemed to get a little long, but I guess you have to do that if you want to keep as much of the books content as possible.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: bush league Reply with quote

I give it a C+.

At 2 and a half hours it seemed short. It was more of a treasure hunt than anything interesting. The clues were too fast, I can barely remember the puzzles. A casual viewer will not watch it again.
I thought it fell flat. Too overhyped, yet Cannes hated it. Oh and the upsidedown pyramid? It's real, I saw it yesterday, I'm in Paris. But the tabs on top for the rose line? Not real.

What angers me is the long monologue at the end that Tom Hanks gave, "Believe what you want to believe." Kinda poking fun at the neo-conservative religious folk as to not have the movie get bombed. It should've been mentioned earlier than the end of the movie.[/i]
SteveB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, after hearing you two speak about it, do I still want to see it? Yeah, I will probably still go to it.

Mike, What are you doing in Paris?
Enrico

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm agreeing with mike on this one. i couldn't wait for the movie to get over. it didn't seem like tom hanks was excited at all during the movie. the only fun guy to watch was jean reno as fache...because he is awesome. other than that...i think it prolly would have helped if they would have cast all unkown actors to play the parts...because i could not visulize tom hanks as robert langdon. if you have read they book, you will be disapointed with the movie. it doesn't capture the excitement and intensity of the book.
Michael S

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: The Da Vinci Code Reply with quote

I liked the movie a lot. I didnt read the book first, so that's probably why. I can see how the movie would be kinda boring and long if you read the book and new what was gonna happen. I think that other actors could have done better than tom hanks but i didnt think he was as bad as ppl made him sound. Nicholas Cage would have been a pretty good pic...but again i never read the book...it also got boring at times..specially the end which got dragged on...but i would give it a B+
Mike L

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: paris Reply with quote

I'm studying gothic art and architecture here. So basically, churches. But other stuff too. The churches and museums are packed with da vinci coders. But it's super fun here.

ps nice blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: