Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum
Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Power of Gods...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jewish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: The Power of Gods... Reply with quote

My story..... The path of Egona... We headed North into the mountains seeking the dungeon called 'The Lannings'. We came to a cave, so we headed in. Lucky warned us about the entrance, he said that there were triangle shaped monsters hanging on the ceiling. All of us raised our shields above our heads for protection... Two came down and ate Dazzada alive. Before we could stop them, Dazzada had entered the Light. Luckily, Lucky killed them before they could finish the meal of Dazzada's body. Zack rolled for resurrection, and of course, rolled a one. Turning him into a zombie, and Lucky killed him making it look easy. After a short while, an earthquake arrived. Three characters (Billy's, Alex's, Aaron's) escaped and ran out of the cave, leaving Mike's, Chris', Jonah's, and Zack's (dead) characters trapped inside. Unluckily for Lucky, was covered in dust, bringing him to -8 HP by sufficating. Struggling, Chris and I pulled him out, with Chris healing him. Shocked, there came this light from Dazzada's body, which he was standing up. Chris' character backed away from the figure casting 'Sanctuary' on himself, thinking it was a powerful monster that controlled Dazzada's body. I stood there, not moving staring at the figure. Armor and everything in perfect condition. The bright figure came closer, not knowing what to do, I bowed thinking it as the best option. The figure drew his sword and lowered it to my neck, I'm thinking that bowing was a terrible idea at that point. But instead the figure tapped both of my shoulders with his sword, and of course, this was obviously a very good sign. Steve then told us this was our God. The figure then looked toward Chris, disappointed. Chris reacted quickly and started bowing also, sorry for not doing it earlier. Then the figure dropped to the ground and the light faded to darkness. We noticed that Dazzada's chest was moving up and down, a sign of breathing. Stunned, I sat there, amazed at what happened. Granted with +8 HP to my max. health with 2,000xp also making lvl 2. After that a storm arrived, dissolving all the dirt that trapped us in the cave to brown water. We all slept in the cave that night. I got up early that morning and started praying, and noticed a slight tingle in my right hand, I thought it was a bug crawling around it at first. So i prayed whenever my time was free, my hand tingled more everytime I prayed.

(Later in the Dungeon) The Power of Gods in my grasp...

While I was praying in a corner, we opened up a door to a room filled with water, about one inch away from the bottom of the door, with two eels roaming in the water. My hand tingled more and more. Chris said he saw light glowing from my hand, and was the only one who could. He told me to stick it in the water, I refused at first. But then I did, I stuck my hand in and tried pulling it back out, but it was like glue. I struggled in shock to get it out as the eels approached coming closer to my hand. Everyone could see the brightness of my hand in the water. Soon, the two eels opened their mouths' ready to completely tear my right arm off. They got to about 6 inches away from my hand when all of a sudden, two lightning bolts shot in their mouths' and blew them up into pieces. Turning the clear water into a dark blood pool. Everyone started clapping, but I fell in. Sinking to the bottom with my armor heavier than ever. They threw a rope into the water toward the bottom, I grabbed it and they easily pulled me out. After that... yes, I started praying, and this time, people joined me... Very Happy
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every single game that Coon has been in he's prayed. I've skipped going to the bar multiple times to go to the church and pray.

Never have I shot lightning out of my hand...

Clearly this kid is some sort of prodigy. Because of this, I declare him "In The Guild's favor" which means we know there's something special about him, and we aren't letting him die anytime soon.

Let the guild bells ring in glory!!! Jonah, your character is staying the guild hall from now on. Also, I promote you from Slave to Peon. (It doesn't sound like much, but it's an honor for a low level character.)

Meanwhile, when I get a chance Mike and I will deliberate about what to do with you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you greatly for this offer, I must refuse. You see, I only can use this power once, so my character is his plain self again Crying or Very sad But I will keep praying to Paladin whenever I get the chance, just in case...

Last edited by Jewish on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have heard correctly, a member has refused to be looked upon in greatness. This is unacceptable. Punishment may be enforced. Wink

Anyway, I also updated the Guilds webpage a little bit and tried to add the members I knew about. At the next game I'll try to remember and fix more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that being higher rank in the guild is pointless or anything, what I'm saying is that my power is now gone and it's probably not worth making me higher rank for now. I think Chrissy K should get my honor instead... But punishing me? for what? a gift from the Gods?
Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, no, no...Chrissy already is a higher rank. He may be a lord if I remember correctly. It's to late also, I made you a peon. Don't worry, I know it'll probably never happen again but nothing bad comes from me making you a peon either. You still don't get to vote or anything.

Also, if Paladin was being nice to you, he'll be happy to see me being nice to you too. So in a way I'm just being selfish.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than I accept your promotion of Egona becoming 'Peon', I thank you. Maybe if I can convince Steve, I can regain or use this power once more, or even........forever. And you don't have to be selfish of anything Wink
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for totally not taking my idea Jonah.

But ya, now I am going to have to write even better just to out do this.

Oh, and just to mention that those things had only 1 hp each. Hehe.
Level: 6
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Jewish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio, I need your opinion. If I was in a fight against Jake's character while I still had my God Like Power, would I beat him? Jake says no.
Jewish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't really matter the HP of the eels at a time like that, that was HUGE what happened Shocked
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say no also since

1. It is a power from a good god, and unless Jake came evil Paladin might not let you hurt him.

2. Water+Electricity=farther reach. 1 hp means you are dead either way.

3. Jake wears leather. Electricty doesn't work on leather to well, unless you are going to go aim at certain vital points, such as the head or arms.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points
Jewish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know a lot more of DnD than I do Alex, so I'm going to agree with you somewhat.
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also physics plays into this. Once lighting hits water it spreads out, weakening but still hurting.

Also, about that evil thing, if Sergio were to go and murder a village full of good people, and then tried to heal himself he would either not have anything happen, or it would work since an evil god allowed him to do that.

I believe Sergio is just short of learning lighting(half elf limits), but from what I read it is nothing to great, magic users get it a lot earlier. Still would hurt to get hit by it.

Jewish wrote:
Than I accept your promotion of Egona becoming 'Peon', I thank you. Maybe if I can convince Steve, I can regain or use this power once more, or even........forever. And you don't have to be selfish of anything Wink

Well, you are also kind of now forced to become a cleric since Paladin might like that. Bad thing is though, full elves have even more restrictions on levels. So no learning lighting spell for you to cast if you are a cleric.

EDIT: Just saying that was kind of cool with the fish exploding also.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points

Last edited by Alex on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jewish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I'm guessing the gift I got was poor and weak?
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time a fighter, or even an elf has ever cast lighting.

And it would have taken a while to kill those fish.

EDIT: Got the exact damage statement. 1 six sider die, so 1 to 6 damage. It was still really cool though Jonah.

But while finding this, I just found out that mages get explosive runes at this level 3. They require nothing besides just the magic user. Man, I would abuse that all day.

A guard walks into the a rival evil kingdoms castle, with a letter to the king from the Ziatec guild guild. Going up to the king, the guard says.

"Sire, you have a message for you. That dreaded Ziatec guild is finally surrendering I think." The king takes the letter, gives him a copper piece and he runs off. Opening it, he reads,

"Good thing I prepared my explosive runes this morning. What does that mea-"*boom*

12 to 30 damage unavoidable. Man, I now want to be a mage so badly. I could set those all throughout dungeons and when other adventuring groups come they will explode when they read it so they couldn't take any gold.
Stats:
17 stength
11 intellegence
12 wisdom
17 dexterity
15 constitution
15 charisma
49 hit points

Last edited by Alex on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Melrose Boy Scout Troop 68 Forum Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: